Quantcast

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

Artur Rataj
I got the message in the topic, after installing NB 7.01 and jdk 7,
and opening projects made using NB 7 and jdk 6.

I guess some sources are declared as java 6, but the projects that
show that warning have "JDK 1.7 (Default)" declared as a platform now.

What can I do with that?

Cheers,
Artur

Re: warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

Artur Rataj
No help, not a slightest hint on such a generic question? I'll try
netcat, and if it won't work as well, I guess I'll move to another
platform. I don't want to risk using an IDE, on which I very rarely
get any support. Yes, I guess no NB dev here who knows the answer on
my question cares.

Best regards,
Artur

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Artur Rataj <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got the message in the topic, after installing NB 7.01 and jdk 7,
> and opening projects made using NB 7 and jdk 6.
>
> I guess some sources are declared as java 6, but the projects that
> show that warning have "JDK 1.7 (Default)" declared as a platform now.
>
> What can I do with that?
>
> Cheers,
> Artur

Re: warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

Tony Dietrich-3
The warning probably relates to packages you've included as libraries which
were originally compiled using a lower version of javac.

99.999% of the time the warning can be ignored.

If the program has problems running, you may have to see if you can locate
an up-to-date version of the library (one compiled with the 1.7 compiler) or
even grab the source and roll one yourself.

Tony Dietrich

No help, not a slightest hint on such a generic question? I'll try
netcat, and if it won't work as well, I guess I'll move to another
platform. I don't want to risk using an IDE, on which I very rarely
get any support. Yes, I guess no NB dev here who knows the answer on
my question cares.

Best regards,
Artur

On Tue, Oct 11, 2011 at 4:22 PM, Artur Rataj <[hidden email]> wrote:

> I got the message in the topic, after installing NB 7.01 and jdk 7,
> and opening projects made using NB 7 and jdk 6.
>
> I guess some sources are declared as java 6, but the projects that
> show that warning have "JDK 1.7 (Default)" declared as a platform now.
>
> What can I do with that?
>
> Cheers,
> Artur

Re: warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

Artur Rataj
I checked other projects and -source indeed shows java versions, with
which the libraries, that these project use, use were compiled.

Thanks a lot,
Artur

On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 10:45 AM, Tony Dietrich <[hidden email]> wrote:

> The warning probably relates to packages you've included as libraries which
> were originally compiled using a lower version of javac.
>
> 99.999% of the time the warning can be ignored.
>
> If the program has problems running, you may have to see if you can locate
> an up-to-date version of the library (one compiled with the 1.7 compiler) or
> even grab the source and roll one yourself.
>
> Tony Dietrich

Re: warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.6

Artur Rataj
It appears that the warning can be disabled with -Xlint:-options in
"additional compiler options".

And i am sorry for the complaining two posts backs.. cheers
Artur