unable to see public package of my module

unable to see public package of my module

Peter Cheung

Hi

   I create a module project (not maven), i have set the public package in the dialog (just checked my package). I verified the MANIFEST.MF from the generate jar has this:

OpenIDE-Module-Public-Packages: com.peter.mavenrunner.service.*

I create another module and click "Add module dependency", and i type com.peter.mavenrunner.service i see nothing, any hints?

thanks a lot

from Peter

Re: unable to see public package of my module

Oliver Rettig
Hi,
have you clean and build both projects without errors?
best regards
Oliver

> Hi
>
>    I create a module project (not maven), i have set the public package in
> the dialog (just checked my package). I verified the MANIFEST.MF from the
> generate jar has this:
>

> OpenIDE-Module-Public-Packages: com.peter.mavenrunner.service.*
>

> I create another module and click "Add module dependency", and i type
> com.peter.mavenrunner.service i see nothing, any hints?
>

> thanks a lot
>
> from Peter

Re: unable to see public package of my module

Peter Cheung

Both no error. Tried clean and rebuild many times. Just don't understand why other module can't see its public packages.

Peter.

have you clean and build both projects without errors?
best regards
Oliver
> Hi
>
>    I create a module project (not maven), i have set the public package in
> the dialog (just checked my package). I verified the MANIFEST.MF from the
> generate jar has this:
>

> OpenIDE-Module-Public-Packages: com.peter.mavenrunner.service.*
>

> I create another module and click "Add module dependency", and i type
> com.peter.mavenrunner.service i see nothing, any hints?
>

> thanks a lot
>
> from Peter

Re: unable to see public package of my module

Oliver Rettig
both modules are in the same suite?
both modules are ant-based?

> Both no error. Tried clean and rebuild many times. Just don't understand why
> other module can't see its public packages.
>
> Peter.
>

> ________________________________

both in ant based. but not in same suites. Is it a problem?

> Both no error. Tried clean and rebuild many times. Just don't understand why
> other module can't see its public packages.
>
> Peter.
>

> ________________________________

ok

> but not in same suites. Is it a problem?
of course different suites are possible:-)

you have add the dependency from the suite to the other suite by gui?
you have made clean and build for both suites without errors? clean-and-build
for the modules itself can be not enough.

> ________________________________

I try to use public package from Module A in Module B. All two module build without error, now i right click module B's library folder, click "add module dependency", i can't find module A in the list 😞

Thanks buddy

> ________________________________

Boris Heithecker
In "properties -> libraries" of your suite project, use "Add project" and select your dependency. Next, confirm that you want to add the whole (other) suite. Then go on and add all your dependencies as usual.
Hope it helps.
Boris

--
Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Tel.: 0 42 05/ 31 58 34

Re: unable to see public package of my module

Geertjan Wielenga-3

You can write lots of e-mails about this and never get an answer. Or you can describe step by step what someone should do to reproduce the problem or, even better, use GitHub to put your modules there with clear instructions how to use them to reproduce the problem.

Gj

On 9-6-2017 20:10, Peter Cheung wrote:

you have add the dependency from the suite to the other suite by gui?

I try to use public package from Module A in Module B. All two module build without error, now i right click module B's library folder, click "add module dependency", i can't find module A in the list 😞

Thanks buddy

> ________________________________

Please take a look http://peter.kingofcoders.com/?p=2462 ,

thanks

Peter

You can write lots of e-mails about this and never get an answer. Or you can describe step by step what someone should do to reproduce the problem or, even better, use GitHub to put your modules there with clear instructions how to use them to reproduce the problem.

Gj

On 9-6-2017 20:10, Peter Cheung wrote:

you have add the dependency from the suite to the other suite by gui?

I try to use public package from Module A in Module B. All two module build without error, now i right click module B's library folder, click "add module dependency", i can't find module A in the list 😞

Thanks buddy

> ________________________________

Hi Peter,

it looks like your modules are not part of "Modules suites" but this is needed
to defined define the dependency in the gui.

In the dialog you show, you can see that only modules of the netbeans platform
are shown. You can filter by its  clusters. There is no possibility to choose a
project which is not part of the netbeans platform.

If both modules are parts of "Modules suites" the situation is different. If
both modules are part of the same suite you can directly add a dependency. If
not you have first add the suite.

Maybe there is a way to work with dependency without adding the projects in
suites by editing the xml-files by hand. But I havnt tried that.

best regards
Oliver

> Please take a look http://peter.kingofcoders.com/?p=2462 ,
>
> thanks
>
> Peter
>

> ________________________________

Thanks

it looks like your modules are not part of "Modules suites" but this is needed
to defined define the dependency in the gui.

In the dialog you show, you can see that only modules of the netbeans platform
are shown. You can filter by its  clusters. There is no possibility to choose a
project which is not part of the netbeans platform.

If this is true, how can module developer share his module to other module developer? letting them invoke some functions in other module?

from Peter

Re: unable to see public package of my module

Peter Cheung
Hi Gj
    There are two independent modules on https://github.com/mcheung63/netbeans-questions . Test-module is trying to add module dependency from “MavenRunner” module, but unable to find it out in the dialog.
thanks
from Peter

On 10 Jun 2017, at 3:08 PM, geertjan wielenga <[hidden email]> wrote:

Code on GitHub, with instructions how to use them to reproduce the problem, otherwise I can't help.

Gj

On 10-6-2017 5:34, Peter Cheung wrote:
thanks
Peter

You can write lots of e-mails about this and never get an answer. Or you can describe step by step what someone should do to reproduce the problem or, even better, use GitHub to put your modules there with clear instructions how to use them to reproduce the problem.

Gj

On 9-6-2017 20:10, Peter Cheung wrote:
you have add the dependency from the suite to the other suite by gui?

I try to use public package from Module A in Module B. All two module build without error, now i right click module B's library folder, click "add module dependency", i can't find module A in the list 😞

Thanks buddy

> ________________________________

Thank you all, Boris is correct. I finally fixed it. I have to place my module in a suite and add that module i want to reference by your way. But i got another question, everytime i want to use a module developed by the other, i have to download its source and add it to project? It is inconvenient.

thanks
from Peter

--
Boris Heithecker

Dr. Boris Heithecker
Lüneburger Str. 30
28870 Ottersberg
Tel.: 0 42 05/ 31 58 34

You can write lots of e-mails about this and never get an answer. Or you can describe step by step what someone should do to reproduce the problem or, even better, use GitHub to put your modules there with clear instructions how to use them to reproduce the problem.

Gj

On 9-6-2017 20:10, Peter Cheung wrote:
you have add the dependency from the suite to the other suite by gui?

I try to use public package from Module A in Module B. All two module build without error, now i right click module B's library folder, click "add module dependency", i can't find module A in the list 😞

Thanks buddy

Maven runner (https://github.com/mcheung63/MavenRunner) works now.  MavenRunnerServiceImpl works, so everybody can interacte with Maven Runner by code. Now supported two functions : run(projectName, goal) and selectNode(projectName, goal). Example below, it will select a node in Maven Runner treeview.

MavenRunnerService mavenRunnerService = Lookup.getDefault().lookup(MavenRunnerService.class);
ModuleLib.log("mavenRunnerService=" + mavenRunnerService);
if (mavenRunnerService != null) {
mavenRunnerService.selectNode("General Kernel Debugger", "build");
}

Thanks for the supports to everyone in the netbeans dev mailling list.