unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

Peter Cheung

Hi All

   I am unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development because i got banned by github. There is a guy call Rick C. Hodgin keep spamming the newsgroup alt.os.development for years, everybody are angry including me, so I posted some threaten sentences to his github page and finally got banned. Project code is lost, tutorial in wiki pages are lost too.

Thanks

From Peter

Re: unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

Matthias Bläsing
Hey Peter,

Am Mittwoch, den 01.11.2017, 13:31 +0000 schrieb Peter Cheung:

>    I am unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development because i
> got banned by github. There is a guy call Rick C. Hodgin keep
> spamming the newsgroup alt.os.development for years, everybody are
> angry including me, so I posted some threaten sentences to his github
> page and finally got banned. Project code is lost, tutorial in wiki
> pages are lost too.

I'm sorry to hear your problems. But you could try:

 * check if you have a local checkout of the repository. If so, your
   history is intact and development can continue (git holds the
   complete history, if you don't explicitly do a shallow clone)
 * if you don't have a local copy, are you aware of up-to-date forks?
   Or users, that cloned your repository? That could also be the base
   for further development

Also keep in mind, that github is one of the biggest git hoster, but
there are others, if you reestablish the git history (see above), you
can push the whole history there.

HTH

Matthias

Re: unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

Peter Cheung

not much people foked it and i have no local copy

Am Mittwoch, den 01.11.2017, 13:31 +0000 schrieb Peter Cheung:

>    I am unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development because i
> got banned by github. There is a guy call Rick C. Hodgin keep
> spamming the newsgroup alt.os.development for years, everybody are
> angry including me, so I posted some threaten sentences to his github
> page and finally got banned. Project code is lost, tutorial in wiki
> pages are lost too.

I'm sorry to hear your problems. But you could try:

 * check if you have a local checkout of the repository. If so, your
   history is intact and development can continue (git holds the
   complete history, if you don't explicitly do a shallow clone)
 * if you don't have a local copy, are you aware of up-to-date forks?
   Or users, that cloned your repository? That could also be the base
   for further development

Also keep in mind, that github is one of the biggest git hoster, but
there are others, if you reestablish the git history (see above), you
can push the whole history there.

HTH

Matthias

Re: unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

Emilian Bold-2
See https://github.com/emilianbold/netbeans-antlr

Not very fresh. Others might also have it.

--emi

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Peter Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi All
>
>    I am unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development because i got
> banned by github. There is a guy call Rick C. Hodgin keep spamming the
> newsgroup alt.os.development for years, everybody are angry including me, so
> I posted some threaten sentences to his github page and finally got banned.
> Project code is lost, tutorial in wiki pages are lost too.
>

> Thanks
>
> From Peter

Re: unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

Emilian Bold-2
Ah, but I see you found a copy and moved development here:
https://gitlab.com/mcheung63/netbeans-antlr

--emi

On Sat, Nov 11, 2017 at 6:25 PM, Emilian Bold <[hidden email]> wrote:

> See https://github.com/emilianbold/netbeans-antlr
>
> Not very fresh. Others might also have it.
>
> --emi
>

> On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Peter Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>>    I am unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development because i got
>> banned by github. There is a guy call Rick C. Hodgin keep spamming the
>> newsgroup alt.os.development for years, everybody are angry including me, so
>> I posted some threaten sentences to his github page and finally got banned.
>> Project code is lost, tutorial in wiki pages are lost too.
>>

>> Thanks
>>
>> From Peter

Re: unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development

Peter Cheung
i moved to gitlab, thanks

Thanks
From Peter

Emilian Bold <[hidden email]> 於 2017年11月12日 下午12:42 寫道:

See https://github.com/emilianbold/netbeans-antlr

Not very fresh. Others might also have it.

--emi

On Wed, Nov 1, 2017 at 3:31 PM, Peter Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi All

  I am unable to continue the netbeans-antlr development because i got
banned by github. There is a guy call Rick C. Hodgin keep spamming the
newsgroup alt.os.development for years, everybody are angry including me, so
I posted some threaten sentences to his github page and finally got banned.
Project code is lost, tutorial in wiki pages are lost too.

Thanks

From Peter