two modules can't have same preferredID ?

two modules can't have same preferredID ?

Peter Cheung

Hi
   I have two independent modules, each has a TopComponent with same preferredID, when i click on the menu, they messed up together. Is that we can't have same preferredID in two different modules?

@TopComponent.Description(
preferredID = "TreeTopComponent",
//iconBase="SET/PATH/TO/ICON/HERE",
persistenceType = TopComponent.PERSISTENCE_ALWAYS
)
thanks

from Peter

Re: two modules can't have same preferredID ?

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

That’s right, the preferredID should be unique.

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

from Peter

Re: two modules can't have same preferredID ?

Peter Cheung

Thanks, but how can I make sure no other module has already used my preferredID ?

@TopComponent.OpenActionRegistration(
displayName = "#CTL_TreeAction",
preferredID = "XXXXTreeTopComponent"      <---- If i change this to a very very wreid preferredID , now two modules's menu are showing correct TopComponent after clicking on it
)

Thanks

from Peter

Re: two modules can't have same preferredID ?

Peter Cheung

If two different person developed their own module with same TopComponent preferredID, they just crash, why don't avoid it?