Quantcast

stoopid noob question...

TooncesDaBean
Have NetBeans IDE 8.2 open in one window (Yeah, I'm using Windows 10 Pro), and the NetBeans IDE Java Quick Start Tutorial in another.  And one of these things doesn't look like the other.  Don't ask me how, but somehow the Source Editor in the IDE is gone, vanished, vaporized.  And I can't figure out how to coax it out of hiding.

Little help, please?

Toon

stoopid noob question...

TooncesDaBean
Digging a bit more...

found this:  https://forums.netbeans.org/topic59936.html

which lead to this:  http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir

which made things worse.

oh, and thanks for the help....

Re: stoopid noob question...

Geertjan Wielenga-3

No one can help you without very clear details. For example, what does
"which made things worse" mean?

http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir

Go to the above place, to help you find what the user directory is.

Then close NetBeans, delete the user directory, if that doesn't help,
please find my on Skype: my name there is 'geertjanwielenga'.

Let's link up there and sort this out -- writing endless meaingless
e-mails that no one can help you with is not going to solve anything.

Happy to help you on Skype and ignoring your e-mails since they don't
provide info needed to solve the problem (not clear what the problem is
either).

Gj