show javadoc not working

joe_schmo
I have searched and not found an answer that works for me, I am running Netbeans 8.2 on Windows 10.

Using the default values from the Netbeans install show javadoc is not working.  If I try and customize the vaules it still does not work.

I know I've had this working before so not sure if it has been broken in a recent release or not.

Any help would be appreciated

show javadoc not working

joe_schmo
really? nothing?

show javadoc not working

markwade

joe_schmo wrote:
> I have searched and not found an answer that works for me, I am running Netbeans 8.2 on Windows 10.
>
> Using the default values from the Netbeans install show javadoc is not working.  If I try and customize the vaules it still does not work.
>
> I know I've had this working before so not sure if it has been broken in a recent release or not.
>
> Any help would be appreciated

What values are entered under the JavaDoc tab?  Mine defaults to:
https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/

If I set it up with local documentation I would make an entry to a zip file, in my case, jdk-8u112-docs-all.zip

Do you have proxy settings and  NetBeans options, general tab web browser and proxy settings entered accordingly.  Maybe "<Default System Browser>" is not appropriate and you could try choosing one explicitly from the drop down.

HTH

show javadoc not working

joe_schmo

markwade wrote:

> What values are entered under the JavaDoc tab?  Mine defaults to:
> https://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/api/
>
> If I set it up with local documentation I would make an entry to a zip file, in my case, jdk-8u112-docs-all.zip
>
> Do you have proxy settings and  NetBeans options, general tab web browser and proxy settings entered accordingly.  Maybe "<Default System Browser>" is not appropriate and you could try choosing one explicitly from the drop down.
>
> HTH

I changed my javadoc setting to point to a local copy of the javadoc and it didn't work.  After reading your post I tried it again and it's working.

Sorry for the inconvenience.