setting environment variable for tomcat on os x

Nat

setting environment variable for tomcat on os x

Nat
I want to set a system property that I can access during my servlet
init. I've done some research and I know I need to set the JAVA_OPT
environment variable and tomcat will pick it up. I've tried this on a
PC and it works fine. However, I'm not sure how to do it on a mac. I
tried defining the JAVA_OPT in ~/.MACOSX/environment.plist but that
doesn't seem to work. Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks in advance,
Nat