Quantcast

problem with netbeans

ravi vardhan
Hi,
 This is Ravi vardhan i am new face to netbean IDE
   am doing Rails projects in netbeans IDE and am facing one major problem with thid IDE.I want to import the  already  existing
into netBeans IDE but i got the error

error: Cannot place the project in a Project folder that already contains NetBeans projects.

Some projects i have imported  but some projects i cannot why?
plz reply to me

thanks,
bye.

Re: problem with netbeans

Arun Gupta
Hi Ravi,

The error message seems to indicate that a NetBeans project already
exists in the directory which you are trying to import. Look for
"nbproject" directory in your Rails application. If it already exists
that means the Rails project has already been imported. In that case,
you just need to open the project instead of creating a new project.

BTW, I just created a simple "hello world" using:

"jruby -S rails hello"

and then could successfully import it in NetBeans 6 M10.

Thanks,
-Arun

--
Web Technologies and Standards