phing not in netbeans plugins

ann.maybury@gmail.com
The web documentation says that phing will be in the netbeans plugins so that it can be easily installed.   I have just rebuilt my whole windows computer and installed xampp, and netbeans 8.2.  When I go to plugins phing is not there.

Can you tell me how to get it since my php project will not compile without it.

Thank you.

Re: phing not in netbeans plugins

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

Can you point to the specific web documentation you're referring to?

On 23-7-2017 19:50, [hidden email] wrote:
> The web documentation says that phing will be in the netbeans plugins so that it can be easily installed.   I have just rebuilt my whole windows computer and installed xampp, and netbeans 8.2.  When I go to plugins phing is not there.
>
> Can you tell me how to get it since my php project will not compile without it.
>
> Thank you.

Re: phing not in netbeans plugins

markwade

Hello Ann,

I'm sorry, I replied to your post directly to you but meant to post to the list, my email client changed, or my mind is becoming enfeebled. I've also sent this to the list where you should get various input from multiple people.

Again, I have no experience with phing. I don't know why your projects have a dependency on it, certainly it isn't required to develop php  projects in NetBeans.

Being curious I installed it and configured Netbeans 8.2 to use it but I have not used it. So what little help I can be:

The last line in you phing install ouput says:

install ok: channel://pear.phing.info/phing-2.16.0
So I would think you're good to go with phing, the warnings don't seem out of the ordinary. phing installed at /usr/bin/phing on my machine, I would suspect it also installed there on yours. Enter "which phing" at a terminal command prompt to check. If you get nothing back, it isn't installed or isn't in your path. I think you'll find it installed at /usr/bin/phing. That is what you need to enter in Tools : PHP : Frameworks & Tools : Phing : Phing Path. Although you're using xamp on windows and that's another curveball

I would think it might be preferable to remove the dependency on phing but I can't help with that. Hopefully you can point Netbeans to your phing install and it will all be good.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help.

On 07/27/2017 12:11 AM, Ann Maybury wrote:
I got all messed up and decided to start over with xampp-win32-7.1.7-0-VC14-installer.exe and netbeans 8.2
I am on Windows 10 Pro.
The xampp conrol panel came up and I was able to install Apache, Mysql,and tomcat from its control panel and to set it to run as adminsitrator.

I then ran the commands in the following commands in the Control Panel shell.
$ pear channel-discover pear.phing.info
$ pear install [--alldeps] phing/phing
I got a lot of apparent errors.
The attached file called PhingInstalationResponse.txt is attached.
I did not know what to do about the comments so I continued with the
next link  In the tools>options>framework... I entered
c:\xampp\phing.bat
after verifying that the file existed there.  The note told me to go to the ping
installation instructions.  When I went there, I found Composer.   Is this something
I should have?

I have an extensive programming background but I retired over 20 years ago.
I have limited background in Unix/command line systems.

I am doing this development as a single programmer and do not know why Netbeaans is requiring
phing.  Can I get my html,php,mysql,javascript to compile without it.
When I was using Netbeans 7.2 several years ago, I did not need anything to run
my web pages.  Those same web pages run today on my commercial server.  I need to
change them a little and since my C drive has died, I wanted to update to them most current
values.

What would you recommend?

Ann Maybury

On Tue, Jul 25, 2017 at 9:01 AM, Ann Maybury <[hidden email]> wrote:
I will try to follow these tutorial, but I have some basic questions.

Pear was apparently installed with xampp.

I have tried the commands in your first link in the CMD window with no results.  Where should I type them?

Thanks for your help.

On Mon, Jul 24, 2017 at 4:30 PM, Mark Wade <[hidden email]> wrote:
I have no experience with it but I should think these two links cover it, the first phing installation the second NetBeans configuration:

https://www.phing.info/trac/wiki/Users/Installation

https://blogs.oracle.com/netbeansphp/phing-support-added

--
Ann Maybury

Ann Maybury

Re: phing not in netbeans plugins

markwade

On 07/27/2017 12:11 AM, Ann Maybury wrote:

> The note told me to go to the phing installation instructions.  When I
> went there, I found Composer. Is this something I should have?

I imagine yes. There's this:

https://coderwall.com/p/ma_cuq/using-composer-to-manage-global-packages

and:

# Install composer and add it to the system path

curl -sS https://getcomposer.org/installer | php

mv composer.phar /usr/local/bin/composer

The mv will need to be invoked with sudo or as root.

Then make that entry, /usr/local/bin/composer, in the php options under
tools.