permgen solved, but now I can't debug or run a unit test

permgen solved, but now I can't debug or run a unit test

johnstosh
Hi guys,

I have an application using the NetBeans Platform.
I had to increase the maximum PermGen to get my application to run. I solved that with
     run.args.extra=-J-XX:PermSize=32m -J-XX:MaxPermSize=128m
and then also the .conf file when deploying to my customers.

BUT, the run.args.extra only affects the JVM when I run or debug the platform application. If I run a JUnit test, or debug a JUnit test, then the run.args.extra doesn't get used.  My platform is using an Ant build.

Most of my JUnit tests will run (in either Ctrl-F6 run or Ctrl-Shift-F6 debug), but the userinterface/functional test does not.  It extends JellyTestCase.  It is still getting the PermGen exception.

How do I add command line settings to the JVM used for JUnit testing?
I haven't even tried profiling yet.

Thanks,
Johnny