output2 and escape sequences

like_netbeans
Hi all.
There is an incomprehensible situation with the output of escape sequences in netbeans 8.2 on two different systems, perhaps someone will tell what the matter is.
So, I have two identical x64 machines, the first one has latest Linux Mint installed, anoter one has latest Astra Linux. Absolutely identical distributives of Netbeans for C++ and Oracle JDK 8u121 installed at both machines. In my makefile, I use an escape sequences, for additional color indication of important compilation events. At consoles on both machines process this makefile identically, and I can see correctly colorized events at build time on both machines. And here a problem: these escape sequences are processed and output as expected in Netbeans installed at Linux Mint, but in Netbeans installed at Astra linux I see these sequences itself (like "\033[0;32m"), and color of output lines without any change.
Maybe someone can tell what could be the problem? I believe that there are not some libraries for Java, but unfortunately I'm not strong in Java: I'm a C/C++ programmer, but I like Netbeans IDE))

Re: output2 and escape sequences

Pete Ford
On 20/04/17 19:17, like_netbeans wrote:
> Hi all.
> There is an incomprehensible situation with the output of escape sequences in netbeans 8.2 on two different systems, perhaps someone will tell what the matter is.
> So, I have two identical x64 machines, the first one has latest Linux Mint installed, anoter one has latest Astra Linux. Absolutely identical distributives of Netbeans for C++ and Oracle JDK 8u121 installed at both machines. In my makefile, I use an escape sequences, for additional color indication of important compilation events. At consoles on both machines process this makefile identically, and I can see correctly colorized events at build time on both machines. And here a problem: these escape sequences are processed and output as expected in Netbeans installed at Linux Mint, but in Netbeans installed at Astra linux I see these sequences itself (like "\033[0;32m"), and color of output lines without any change.
> Maybe someone can tell what could be the problem? I believe that there are not some libraries for Java, but unfortunately I'm not strong in Java: I'm a C/C++ programmer, but I like Netbeans IDE))

Seems like you need to check that the console programs are actually the same for
the two Linux distributions - possibly Mint is using one that is more
sophisticated than Astra.

Could you remote-login from one machine to the other and try running the program
from a remote connection to see if the opposite effect is happening?

output2 and escape sequences

like_netbeans
Solving the problem was even easier than I thought. It turned out that I did not pay attention to the makefiles (I run a build process from the console with makefile, in which the echo command was forced to output of escape sequences with "-e" option), but from netbeans I called another makefile, in which the option -e was absent. For some reason, Astra Linux understands escape sequences only with "-e" option, although it does not matter in Linux Mint whether this option is set or not - it always correctly displays the escape sequences. After enabling that option, everything began to work correctly in netbeans at the Astra Linux, too.
Anyway, the problem is solved!