netbeans 8 no source code editor window

redmond
I just found topic 59936 re: seeing only history, no source code.

This looks like it could be the answer to bug 252111 -  Opening Java file in Editor displays only "History" view (which has been lingering without solution)

If this is true, these should be linked.

I was not sure if this meant that the entire folder:
C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Netbeans\8.1
folder should be deleted. There is a lot of stuff in there which I know little about, including some Java (AbsoluteLayout.java and another)

Re: netbeans 8 no source code editor window

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com
Maybe you can remove the http://wiki.netbeans.org/FaqWhatIsUserdir and
restart, could fix the problem.