mouse wheel to fast

ndario
as i see in mailing list archives, many users are unhappy with the way mouse
wheel scrolls the editor, more than 10 line at time. this is far too much
for my eyes to follow.

is there ANY way to change this. i think it should be put in preferences. i
have never seen computer program that scrolls that much using mouse wheel.
can we hope that this will be addressed in the next version? can i change it
myself by building netbeans at home?

netbeans is great but this really puts me off.

thank you!

dario

Re: mouse wheel to fast

Randahl Fink Isaksen
For what it is worth: I use the latest qbuild on WinXP and the mouse
wheel scrolls only 3-4 lines per step.

R.

dario wrote:

>as i see in mailing list archives, many users are unhappy with the way mouse
>wheel scrolls the editor, more than 10 line at time. this is far too much
>for my eyes to follow.
>
>is there ANY way to change this. i think it should be put in preferences. i
>have never seen computer program that scrolls that much using mouse wheel.
>can we hope that this will be addressed in the next version? can i change it
>myself by building netbeans at home?
>
>netbeans is great but this really puts me off.
>
>thank you!
>
>dario

Re: mouse wheel to fast

Daniel Bos
By my knowledge you can change this in the control panel from win xp.

Re: mouse wheel to fast

Johnny Tolliver
This has bothere me too, but I've kind-of gotten use to it. I just have to be
careful to not attempt to scroll by just one line when I still want to see
what's near the top or bottom of the screen.

> By my knowledge you can change this in the control panel from win xp.

Ahhh, but that changes it for ALL windoze apps. My mouse wheel setting is just
where I want it for all my apps except NetBeans, which scrolls too many lines
for each wheel click.

On my system, even with a mouse wheel control panel setting of 1 line per
wheel click, NetBeans scrolls by four lines. In fact, with *very* limited
testing, it appears that NetBeans scrolls by four times the control panel
setting.

Can that multiplication factor be adjusted in any way?

Re: mouse wheel to fast

ndario

"Randahl Fink Isaksen" <[hidden email]> wrote in message
news:[hidden email]...
> For what it is worth: I use the latest qbuild on WinXP and the mouse
> wheel scrolls only 3-4 lines per step.

i just checked my mouse settings in control panel and it says "3 lines",
like it does in every other application. still, netbeans scrolls 11 lines at
time.

there are so many settings and preferences in NB, i don't understand why
mouse wheel seetings is missing. isn't it rather important?

dario

RE: Re: mouse wheel to fast

Richard Bremner-3
If you think mouse wheel settings are important you've got too much time on
your hands :-)

Mine scrolls around 12 lines. I don't see why it's a problem? If you just
want to go down a little bit press Ctrl-Down Arrow.

Richard