Quantcast

jbuilder project importer module

andy72598
Hello All,

I am new to NetBeans(just installed the 8.2 version), and would like to
import Jbuilder projects over. I learned that, with Jbuilder project
importer module, it would make things much easier.  Unfortunately, I
can't find the importer module/plugin anymore. Does NetBeans still
support it? Anythings that you would recommend to make the transfer
easier. thank you !

Re: jbuilder project importer module

markwade

I have found an install of NetBeans 6.5.1 on an older mac I have.  It included a JBuilder project import plugin that wasn't installed so I chose to install it and it installed successfully.  I don't know how well it works, I haven't had time to try it, but if you want to fiddle with it you can download NetBeans 6.5.1 here:

https://netbeans.org/downloads/6.5.1/index.html

I'm not sure the requirements for 6.5.1, I have java version 1.5.0_30 installed which I think is a limitation of this mac, an iBook G4.

Java 1.5 download is available here:

http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/javasebusiness/downloads/java-archive-downloads-javase5-419410.html#jdk-1.5.0_22-oth-JPR

So, again, maybe that setup will import your JBuilder projects into NetBeans 6.5.1 satisfactorily and you can then import them into 8.2 and update them appropriately.

HTH,

Mark

thanks for the info.  it confirms my worst scenario   any advice ?

Re: jbuilder project importer module

markwade

Perhaps of some use; The JBuilder Project Importer plugin nbm can be downloaded here:

http://updates.netbeans.org/netbeans/updates/6.5.1/uc/final/stable/patch4/extra/org-netbeans-modules-projectimport-jbuilder.nbm

On 02/09/2017 12:38 PM, Mark Wade wrote:

[...]

That is awesome!!!   You are the best.!!!

I will try to download it tonight.

Thx
Andy

On Thu, Feb 9, 2017 at 1:12 PM, Mark Wade