how to contact apache regarding gmane?

Thufir Hawat
I asked on gmane discussion:

> netbeans is going over to apache.
>

> will gmane add/reconfigure the mailing lists?

If someone provides Gmane with the group names and the new addresses,
and information about whether resubscription is required: yes.

It isn't going to happen without any information.

Send it to [hidden email]

who should I contact at apache, and how?

thanks,

Thufir

Re: how to contact apache regarding gmane?

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

I am Apache. You are Apache. We all are Apache.

Apache is a foundation defined by those who participate in its projects.

In the case of NetBeans, here’s how to participate at Apache:

Join a mailing list, ask questions, discuss your gmane ideas, etc.

Thanks,

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

On 24 Oct 2017, at 14:54, thufir <[hidden email]> wrote:

I asked on gmane discussion:

netbeans is going over to apache.

will gmane add/reconfigure the mailing lists?

If someone provides Gmane with the group names and the new addresses,
and information about whether resubscription is required: yes.

It isn't going to happen without any information.

Send it to [hidden email]

who should I contact at apache, and how?

thanks,

Thufir

Re: how to contact apache regarding gmane?

Thufir Hawat
someone will be contacting gmane admin?

https://netbeans.org/community/lists/

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 2:03 AM, [hidden email]
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> I am Apache. You are Apache. We all are Apache.
>
> Apache is a foundation defined by those who participate in its projects.
>
> In the case of NetBeans, here’s how to participate at Apache:
>
> https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/How+to+Participate
>
> Join a mailing list, ask questions, discuss your gmane ideas, etc.
>
> Thanks,
>

> Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
> Phone: +31620320056 |
> Oracle Developer Tools
>
> ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands
>

> Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect
> the environment
>
> On 24 Oct 2017, at 14:54, thufir <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I asked on gmane discussion:
>

> netbeans is going over to apache.
>

> will gmane add/reconfigure the mailing lists?
>

> If someone provides Gmane with the group names and the new addresses,
> and information about whether resubscription is required: yes.
>
> It isn't going to happen without any information.
>
> Send it to [hidden email]
>

> who should I contact at apache, and how?
>

> thanks,
>
> Thufir

Re: how to contact apache regarding gmane?

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

You, maybe?

There are no “someones” in Apache. Only you and me and anyone who wants to take on a task.

<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

geertjan,

To take on that task I need more information which only the list admin(s) for the apache lists have or know.  Thanks for the very quick reply!  Getting caught in the middle between the gmane admin and apache list admin(s) doesn't sound like fun, would rather just put those people together.  But, if there's something I can contribute, sure.  Note that the gmane admin(s) need more info than just the mailing list addresses.

(Also, gmane is in a bit of upheaval and turmoil right now, but the original guy is still involved I believe.)

Would like hear from a list admin with regards to:

https://netbeans.org/community/lists/

there's a section on gmane.  But, the gmane website is semi-permanently down.

On Thu, Oct 26, 2017 at 5:09 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

You, maybe?

There are no “someones” in Apache. Only you and me and anyone who wants to take on a task.

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: <a href="tel:+31%206%2020320056" value="+31620320056" target="_blank">+31620320056 |

<[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Hello list admin,

for gmane to continue with the various netbeans lists, as described below, they need some additional information.  Who would have the subscription information they need, please?

thanks,

Thufir

On 2017-10-26 05:17 AM, Thufir wrote:
geertjan,

[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:+31%206%2020320056" value="+31620320056" target="_blank" moz-do-not-send="true">+31620320056 |