floating output window does not redock

aschwarz1309
I floated the Output Window out of the Netbeans frame (into the 'free' world) and now I can't get the window to redock inside Netbeans. This is persistent. Closing the window and reopening it, or closing Netbeans and restarting it does not cause automatic redocking of the window.

This same behavior is seen for all windows normally docked at the bottom of the Netbeans editing area (Action, Debigging, etc).

How can I redock the window.

Re: floating output window does not redock

markwade
Right-click the windows tab and there is "Dock" menu item in the context
menu or Alt-Shift-D.

Window -> Reset Windows will reset all windows.

> How can I redock the window.

Re: floating output window does not redock

Sean Carrick-4
There are two ways of redocking the window. The first way is to right-click on the tab in the floating window and select "Dock". Alternatively, you could select Window->Reset Windows. Either one of these two methods should get your floating window back into the IDE.

***NOTE***
Choosing Window->Reset Windows will place *ALL* windows back to their default locations within the platform, so if you customized positions, you will have to recustomize those window positions again.

--
photo
Sean Carrick