Quantcast

currentVersion, buildNumer and userDirectory

currentVersion, buildNumer and userDirectory

markwade
Hey,

I'm not understanding how bundle.properties and placeholder substitution
is working. I believe the parameter values are coded in the source
files.  How then can these values be over-ridden?

Of interest to me is my application's bundle.properties contains
currentVersion = myappname {0} with {0} being replaced with
netbeans.buildnumber. How is {0} resolved to netbeans.buildnumber?

Of greater interest is my applications userDirectory resolves to
~/.myappname/dev/ whereas Netbeans 8.2 userDirectory resolves to
~/.netbeans/8.2/

Where does "dev" come from and how can I replace these values?

-- Mark

Re: currentVersion, buildNumer and userDirectory

markwade
Okay,

I see default_userdir="${HOME}/.${APPNAME}/dev" is being generated for
me when I have NetBeans package my application in etc/appname.conf and I
can make edits there which is fine.

If I'm understanding the placeholder value replacement I can't override
those replacement values unless I alter the source and recompile but I
can create my own and use them in my own bundles which I haven't done
yet and have no pressing need but I'll give it try.