auto-compile out of synch

Johnny Tolliver
I've seen this before but now I have an example that persists long enough to
write about. One class calls a static method in another class. I edited the
static method parameter list to add a method -- manually, not with the
refactor | change method parameters menu -- and also edited the method call to
include the new parameter.

During the process, the method call line aquires a red underline and X in the
left margin indicating that the method call and method signature don't match
up. But when all edits are done, the red underline and X remain. Even after
recompiling both classes. Even after a clean and build. Even after "running"
the project, which is successful, by the way.

The only way I've found to get rid of the error marks is to close and reopen
the project.

What gives? NB 4.1, JDK 1.5.0_03, windoze XP SP2.

Johnny S. Tolliver
Oak Ridge National Laboratory
[hidden email], 865-574-1305