Why the name of "NetBeans"???

dani99
Hi everyone I have an important question which makes me to stay awake all night:

Why NetBeans has that name???
How its this software relationed to the beans that we eat??

thanks por helping.

Re: Why the name of "NetBeans"???

Thomas Wolf-7
A google search of "where did netbeans name come from" has as its first hit:

"NetBeans" = "NETwork enabled Java BEANS"

On Wed, Nov 15, 2017 at 4:31 AM, dani99 <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi everyone I have an important question which makes me to stay awake all night:

Why NetBeans has that name???
How its this software relationed to the beans that we eat??

thanks por helping.

Re: Why the name of "NetBeans"???

Simon Roberts
Java = coffee = beans

Now as to "net"? Well, I can't help you there, except the name's emergence might have been broadly in the same era as Sun's "The network is the computer" tag-line.

--
Simon Roberts
http://dancingcloudphotography.com
(303) 249 3613

Re: Why the name of "NetBeans"???

Jeff-2
Well, before it was called NetBeans and "owned" by Sun, it was originally called: Xelfi ...  yes, I am old ;)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NetBeans

(303) 249 3613