Where's Kotlin?

Macnerd

tusharvjoshi wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:06 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed (address-removed)> wrote:
>
> > http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/68590/kotlin (http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/68590/kotlin)
> > JetBrains created it.
>

> seems like it is pending verification for 8.2 hence not shown in available plugins list in NetBeans IDE 8.2
>
> with regards
>     Tushar

It passed verification for 8.2 which I have. Here's a link to the verification page: http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/68590/kotlin.

0.2.0 is available as a download. I uninstalled 0.1.0 & installed 0.2.0 & the plugins page shows that it is active. Yet when I try & create a new project, Kotlin is not shown as an option! What am I doing wrong? What must I do to create a Kotlin project?

On the verification page under "comments" under "See verification details", it lists:
Works on NB 8.2
Windows 10 64Bit
Java 1.8.0_121.

I have 1.8.0_131-b11.

I have a Mac. I would think that the OS would make no difference. Does it?

Re: Where's Kotlin?

Geertjan Wielenga-3
https://blog.jetbrains.com/kotlin/2016/09/kotlin-netbeans-plugin-beta-is-out/

There is no Kotlin project. Kotlin is part of Java, see above.

Gj

On 10-5-2017 21:05, Macnerd wrote:

> tusharvjoshi wrote:
>> On Tue, Jan 10, 2017 at 11:06 AM, geertjan wielenga <address-removed (address-removed)> wrote:
>>
>>> http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/68590/kotlin (http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/68590/kotlin)
>>> JetBrains created it.
>>

>> seems like it is pending verification for 8.2 hence not shown in available plugins list in NetBeans IDE 8.2
>>
>> with regards
>>      Tushar
>
> It passed verification for 8.2 which I have. Here's a link to the verification page: http://plugins.netbeans.org/plugin/68590/kotlin.
>
> 0.2.0 is available as a download. I uninstalled 0.1.0 & installed 0.2.0 & the plugins page shows that it is active. Yet when I try & create a new project, Kotlin is not shown as an option! What am I doing wrong? What must I do to create a Kotlin project?
>
> On the verification page under "comments" under "See verification details", it lists:
> Works on NB 8.2
> Windows 10 64Bit
> Java 1.8.0_121.
>
> I have 1.8.0_131-b11.
>
> I have a Mac. I would think that the OS would make no difference. Does it?

Re: Where's Kotlin?

wadechandler
Administrator
Gj is referring to the section which reads:

Using Kotlin in NetBeans

To start using Kotlin in NetBeans you could create a new Java project (Maven- or Ant-based) or open an existing one. You can mix Java and Kotlin freely, Java classes are accessible from Kotlin and vice versa. At the moment plugin supports Kotlin 1.0.3.

Wade

tusharvjoshi wrote:
[...]

====================
Wade Chandler

Software Engineer
NetBeans and Open Source Contributor

Where's Kotlin?

Pennywise
There is no Kotlin specific project type. Instead you should create Maven, Gradle or Ant project and add Kotlin files there.

Where's Kotlin?

Macnerd

Pennywise wrote:
> There is no Kotlin specific project type. Instead you should create Maven, Gradle or Ant project and add Kotlin files there.

How do I do that? I'm a Java newbie. Which of the 3 do I choose?

Where's Kotlin?

Pennywise
For Gradle project type you need to download a separate plugin. So, the best choice in your situation (IMHO) is Maven.

Maven project creation:
File -> New Project -> Maven -> Java Application