Quantcast

What's Source Level?

nvarun
Hello all,

I am making a module suite, and its Java Platform has been set to 1.6 (default) I have just added one module and working on it, it has Source Level 1.5

I think it means I would be using JDK 1.6 for writing/building the code, right? Then, what do you mean by Source Level?

N, Varun
http://nbguru.wordpress.com/
http://dzone.com/mvbs

"You must do the things you think you cannot do."

Re: What's Source Level?

Amit Saha-2
On Tue, Oct 14, 2008 at 7:55 PM, Varun Nischal <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I am making a module suite, and its Java Platform has been set to 1.6
> (default) I have just added one module and working on it, it has Source
> Level 1.5
>
> I think it means I would be using JDK 1.6 for writing/building the code,
> right? Then, what do you mean by Source Level?

Source level would be the JDK version you are using.

--
Amit Kumar Saha
http://blogs.sun.com/amitsaha/
http://amitsaha.in.googlepages.com/
Skype: amitkumarsaha

Re: What's Source Level?

Jesse Glick
Varun Nischal wrote:
> I am making a module suite, and its Java Platform has been set to 1.6
> (default) I have just added one module and working on it, it has
> Source Level 1.5
>
> I think it means I would be using JDK 1.6 for writing/building the
> code, right? Then, what do you mean by Source Level?

See javac docs regarding the -source option.