Using Gluon Scene Builder with NetBeans on a 32 bits Linux OS

Using Gluon Scene Builder with NetBeans on a 32 bits Linux OS

Ricardo Palomares Martínez
Hi,

I'd like to try JavaFX and my understanding is that Scene Builder,
while being a standalone app, can be used to edit FXML files in a very
similar way to Matisse integrated Swing GUI editor, just by opening
FXML in NetBeans, once this is set up to find Scene Builder home.

After digging a bit, I've found Gluon page for Scene Builder. From
there, I can download an executable Jar or (for Linux) a Debian
package. As I'm using Linux Mint 32 bits, I started trying with the
executable Jar, but although it works OK if I launch it standalone,
I've been unable to set up NetBeans 8.2 (Gluon plugin installed) to
detect the Jar or the directory where it resides as a valid
installation home.

So, I tried to download and install the Debian package (Linux Mint is
Ubuntu based), but it turns out that it is a 64 bit package, so I
can't install it in my 32 bits OS.

At this point, I don't know if there is any solution to get
SceneBuilder to be launched from inside NB with my current setup. If
not, what would be the proper way to combine NB and Gluon SB to code a
JavaFX application? Would it be enough to create FXML skeleton files
in NetBeans so NB is aware of their existence in the project, and
opening them directly in Scene Builder, side by side with NB?

TIA

--
Ricardo Palomares (RickieES)
https://github.com/RickieES
https://sourceforge.net/u/rpalomares/profile
http://stackoverflow.com/users/1185157/

Re: Using Gluon Scene Builder with NetBeans on a 32 bits Linux OS

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands