Unmark folder as php-Project

I have exactly the same problem.

In a Netbeans project I have a subfolder (which contains composer) and this entire subfolder somehow converted into a project inside the main project.

This subfolder now has the blue PHP icon (instead of yellow folder).

I can now right click on the project and choose "Open project of Folder" which opens the folder (which already pretends to be a project) as another project in the sidebar.

It automatically created the nbproject folder. I tried deleting it, deleting and restarting but it didn't help and there's always nbproject folder created, this is project.xml inside the folder:

I don't want the folder to be a project and there is no way to remove it.
I'm using NB 8.2 (Build 201609300101) and the project is in Git.