Tomcat won't deploy

serema
I installed NetBeans 8.2 with its bundled TomCat 8.0.27. There were binding error with shutwown port at 8005 so I edited the server.xml

<Server  port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

<Server address="0.0.0.0" port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

After that TomCat starts normally but nothing is deployed. It just sits there for three minutes an gives out message:
' Deployment error: Starting of Tomcat failed.
See the server log for details.' Server logs seem normal to me and manual deployment works fine. I am usin Ubuntu (or rather Lubuntu). Any help much appreciated.

Re: Tomcat won't deploy

Papa
I had some issues when I downloaded and installed the jee version of NetBeans 8.2 on my Win8.1 machine, but after downloading and installing the full version the problem went away.
What version of NetBeans and OS are you using?

Tomcat won't deploy

serema
This is a network problem. I have thee interfaces, lo, eth0 and wlan0. eth0 is not connected and wlan0 is connected. When I turn wlan0 down by
sudo ifconfig wlan0 down

it starts to work and
sudo service network-manager restart
it stops to work again.

serema wrote:

> I installed NetBeans 8.2 with its bundled TomCat 8.0.27. There were binding error with shutwown port at 8005 so I edited the server.xml
>
> <Server  port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">

> <Server address="0.0.0.0" port="8005" shutdown="SHUTDOWN">
>
> After that TomCat starts normally but nothing is deployed. It just sits there for three minutes an gives out message:
> ' Deployment error: Starting of Tomcat failed.
> See the server log for details.' Server logs seem normal to me and manual deployment works fine. I am usin Ubuntu (or rather Lubuntu). Any help much appreciated.

Tomcat won't deploy

serema
It seems that my network is misconfigured. ping localhost returns 192.168.0.101 and I think it should return 127.0.0.1

Tomcat won't deploy

serema
The router acts funny. It had two addresses defined in local network, 192.168.0.100 (my desktop machine) and 192.168.0.101 as localhost.  I did bypass the router DNS and use my ISP DNS servers directly and the problem was solved.

Tomcat won't deploy

priya465
If you export your .war file from eclipse, make sure your project's dynamic web module facet version is not more than what your production server can handle. For example, version 3.0 works for Tomcat 7, but doesn't work on Tomcat 6, which needs it to be set as 2.5.