Suggestions for NetBeans IDE

blackj0221
Hello.
I'm using NetBeans 8.2 and I have some suggestions about it.

1) Old option menu & IDE information
In Tools->Options menu, it supports configurations about PHP 5.6 and C++98/11/14.
The problem is they are not latest version. Of course users can make PHP 7.0 files but final version is 7.2, and Command Line option is still PHP 5.
Also, in Options->C/C++->Other menu, 'Default Standard' options don't support C++17.

I think this is because of slow update. NetBeans 8.2 came out in October 2016 and there wasn't any version update during the past year.
Even the information of 'NetBeans IDE Features - PHP Development' webpage is described based on PHP 5.6. This is not good.

2) Start Page
When I run NetBeans IDE, 'Start Page' is displayed with last project. I want an option to display Start Page(+Recent Projects) without opening last project files like Visual Studio.

3) Website/Forum Design
Design of NetBeans official website and forum is too old and texts are too small so it's a little hard to read. They need modern-style web design.

Thank you for reading.

Re: Suggestions for NetBeans IDE

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

NetBeans is in the process of moving to Apache:L

On Facebook, Twitter, articles, mailing lists, etc etc, we have announced several times the end of Oracle NetBeans mailing lists and the directions about moving to Apache NetBeans mailing lists:

See you there,

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands