Quantcast

Slow NetBeans IDE

Chester80
My NetBeans IDE is to slow. Which options I have to fix that?[/b]

Re: Slow NetBeans IDE

Glenn Holmer-4
On 02/07/2017 04:34 AM, Chester80 wrote:
> My NetBeans IDE is to slow. Which options I have to fix that?[/b]

You don't say anything about what version of NetBeans you're using, what
version of Java, what operating system, CPU speed and memory on your
machine, how many projects of what size you have open... or for that
matter, what exactly you mean by "to slow". What exactly is too slow?
How slow? Does it always happen?

Glenn Holmer (Linux registered user #16682)

Re: Slow NetBeans IDE

mdunphy

Deleting the cache directory might help. In the Help menu, click on About to get your cache directory's location.

Slow NetBeans IDE

Chester80
Sorry Glenn, my English isn't perfect, so I ask in just few words :)
Using Win10, NetBeans 7.4, JDK 8. It's not always, but in last  week, maybe two.
I will try Michael's suggestion and tell you results.

Slow NetBeans IDE

tkellerer

Chester80 wrote:
> Using Win10, NetBeans 7.4, JDK 8

Why are you using such an outdated NetBeans version?

Slow NetBeans IDE

Chester80

tkellerer wrote:

> Chester80 wrote:
> > Using Win10, NetBeans 7.4, JDK 8
>
> Why are you using such an outdated NetBeans version?

It's works great before. Is this last version http://www.filehorse.com/download-netbeans/ ?

Slow NetBeans IDE

tkellerer

Chester80 wrote:

> tkellerer wrote:
> >
> > Chester80 wrote:
> > > Using Win10, NetBeans 7.4, JDK 8
> >
> > Why are you using such an outdated NetBeans version?
>

> It's works great before. Is this last version http://www.filehorse.com/download-netbeans/ ?

7.4 is already 4 years old (which is a long time in for this kind of tool)
Yes, the current version is 8.2 which can always be downloaded from the  NetBeans homepage: https://netbeans.org/

Slow NetBeans IDE

Chester80
Thanks a lot tkelleler  [Wink]  [Wink]