Self-contained application randomly crashes at launch (Linux)

Self-contained application randomly crashes at launch (Linux)

angrycomputernerd
I created a self contained application for Linux. The application runs fine if I use the system installed JRE. However , using the application launcher created by the JavaFXpackager I get random failure during launch.

The application will launch only about 1 of 3 attempts. Once it launches it stays running with no further problems. Here is the core error.

#
#
#  SIGSEGV (0xb) at pc=0x00007efdf8d753d3, pid=3242, tid=0x00007efd90145700
#
# JRE version: Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (8.0_151-b12) (build 1.8.0_151-b12)
# Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (25.151-b12 mixed mode linux-amd64 compressed oops)
# Problematic frame:
# C  [libdl.so.2+0x13d3]  dlerror+0x123

The rest of the error log is massive so I won't bother posting 20 pages of assembly code error. I'm curious if anyone else has run into this and if so did you find a fix ?