Saving and recalling window/mode layouts?

Saving and recalling window/mode layouts?

bruehlicke
Hmm, may not help you directly, but I wanted to re-create the Anonymous modes I created when doing the initial screen layouts. I wonder if this can be expanded to save as named layouts .... anyhow I know this is not directly answering your question but maybe gives some ideas ? - here the link to my blog where I show how to "name" an anonymous mode so the system reads it back next time the application starts.

http://bruehlicke.blogspot.com/2017/04/set-initalmainwindowsize-and-location.html

Re: Saving and recalling window/mode layouts?

Mark Phipps
Hi all,

I have made some progress in my quest to create Modes programatically:

1. Built NetBeans from source.
2. Modified core.windows to allow creation of Modes.
3. Modified openide.windows to add to the Mode interface.
4. "Patched" my application by installing the two patched jars into
platform/modules/patches, with empty manifests, largely following the
steps described in this post:
https://netbeans.org/projects/platform/lists/dev/archive/2014-01/messag
e/343

When I run my application, I can see that the patched jars are being
loaded and used in the application, through diagnostic output
statements that I have put in strategic places. So far so good.

Now, I want to use the modified Mode interface in the client code in my
application, but of course the patched jars are not in my local Maven
repository, so I cannot do that.

I think I need to properly publish my locally built NetBeans modules
(built with ant) into Maven? I guess there must be a publish-to-Maven
mechanism somewhere, which is the starting point for getting the
netbeans modules into maven central?

If I did that, then there doesn't seem to be a need to put the patched
jars into platform/modules/patches...

Any help GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks
Mark

Re: Saving and recalling window/mode layouts?

Mark Phipps
Thanks for the hint - but I need to create the Modes by using data (xml)
from a source OTHER than the NetBeans file system. I have been
refactoring core.windows to allow different entry points into
ModeParser, other than just loading and saving FileObjects. Seems to be
working so far.

Now, If I can get the patched modules into Maven correctly, I will be
almost there. I have posted separately on this issue.

Thanks
Mark

On 05/05/17 14:58, bruehlicke wrote:
> Hmm, may not help you directly, but I wanted to re-create the Anonymous modes I created when doing the initial screen layouts. I wonder if this can be expanded to save as named layouts .... anyhow I know this is not directly answering your question but maybe gives some ideas ? - here the link to my blog where I show how to "name" an anonymous mode so the system reads it back next time the application starts.
>
> http://bruehlicke.blogspot.com/2017/04/set-initalmainwindowsize-and-location.html

www.sucdenfinancial.com

Sucden Financial Limited, Plantation Place South, 60 Great Tower Street, London EC3R 5AZ
Telephone +44 203 207 5000

Registered in England no. 1095841
VAT registration no. GB 446 9061 33

Authorised and Regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and entered in the FCA register under no. 114239

This email, including any files transmitted with it, is confidential and may be privileged. It may be read, copied and used only by the intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, please notify [hidden email] immediately and delete it from your computer system.

We believe, but do not warrant, that this email and its attachments are virus-free, but you should check.

Sucden Financial Limited may monitor traffic data of both business and personal emails. By replying to this email, you consent to Sucden Financial's monitoring the content of any emails you send to or receive from Sucden Financial. Sucden Financial is not liable for any opinions expressed by the sender where this is a non-business email.

The contents of this e-mail do not constitute advice and should not be regarded as a recommendation to buy, sell or otherwise deal with any particular investment.Where any trade ideas are made by an employee of Sucden Financial in an electronic communication, these are made incidentally to your dealing relationship with us and are provided solely to enable you to make your own investment decisions and do not amount to advice. Please note that the employee may have had many, varied trade ideas over the past 12 months, including contrary ideas. Any trade ideas are solely based on the employee’s market knowledge and experience and may not be tailored to your specific circumstances or investment objectives. Please contact the employee who made the trade idea if you would like to see any of his/her trade ideas made in the previous 12 months for comparative purposes. Please visit our website to view our full risk warnings and disclaimers: www.sucdenfinancial.com

This message has been scanned for viruses by Mimecast

Re: Saving and recalling window/mode layouts?

Dmitry Avtonomov
why do you want to publish to Central?
just install into your local repo:
mvn clean install
?
Or am I missing a point?

Mark

Re: Saving and recalling window/mode layouts?

Mark Phipps
I just want to publish the NetBeans platform modules which include code that I have modified, into my local maven repository.

I could do that if there was a maven pom somewhere in the NetBeans source download, but there isn't. AFAICS there is only Ant build support.

As the NetBeans platform modules are published into the maven repository at http://bits.netbeans.org/nexus/content/groups/netbeans/ (not Central as I thought before) then I assume there must be a maven build mechanism somewhere, which I could use.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Thanks
Mark