Running Java as part of my web application?

Running Java as part of my web application?

Papa
Hello.

Most of the browsers nowadays do not support Java, this has me worried
since I'd like to use Java to access databases and to perform logical
computations behind some web based applications I'm working on. I know
that Oracle and/or Apache are strong and competitive application
development frame works and that a solution has been found to resolve
this issue. So, contrary to what I have read so far, I *know that I am
missing something that would allow me to run my 'jar' files as part of a
web page.

Could someone here, please, point me out to tutorials or books where
running Java as part of my web application would be explained?

Thanks in advance.

--
ArbolOne.
Using FireFox

Re: Running Java as part of my web application?

Michael Müller
Hi Papa,
You need to run Java at server site and to use the browser for display. One framework you may use is JSF.

Am 31. März 2017 15:41:03 MESZ schrieb Papa <[hidden email]>:
Hello.

Most of the browsers nowadays do not support Java, this has me worried
since I'd like to use Java to access databases and to perform logical
computations behind some web based applications I'm working on. I know
that Oracle and/or Apache are strong and competitive application
development frame works and that a solution has been found to resolve
this issue. So, contrary to what I have read so far, I *know that I am
missing something that would allow me to run my 'jar' files as part of a
web page.

Could someone here, please, point me out to tutorials or books where
running Java as part of my web application would be explained?

Thanks in advance.

Herzliche Grüße - Best Regards,

Michael Müller
Brühl, Germany
blog.mueller-bruehl.de
it-rezension.de
@muellermi

Read my books
"Web Development with Java and JSF": https://leanpub.com/jsf
"Java Lambdas and Parallel Streams": http://www.apress.com/de/book/9781484224861
"Visitors" a photographic image book: https://leanpub.com/visitors

Re: Running Java as part of my web application?

Simon, Charles
Yes, most browsers for mobile phones and tablets do not support Java, or at least not well if they do.
On the other hand, most browsers for desktop and laptop computers DO support Java, but if you want to be cross platform then you should only have Java on the server side.
There are many JavaScript technologies that can be used for the browser portion of you application.  JSF is one that is well supported in NetBeans, but there are others, some of which have plugins for NetBeans.  Just do a google search for them.

Using FireFox

Re: Running Java as part of my web application?

Andreas Ernst

Am 31.03.17 um 15:41 schrieb Papa:

> Hello.
>
> Most of the browsers nowadays do not support Java, this has me worried
> since I'd like to use Java to access databases and to perform logical
> computations behind some web based applications I'm working on. I know
> that Oracle and/or Apache are strong and competitive application
> development frame works and that a solution has been found to resolve
> this issue. So, contrary to what I have read so far, I *know that I am
> missing something that would allow me to run my 'jar' files as part of a
> web page.
>
> Could someone here, please, point me out to tutorials or books where
> running Java as part of my web application would be explained?
>
> Thanks in advance.

i use for my web apps Apache Tapestry, on the server side i have an
Apache HTTP Server running as Proxy for the Payara (GlassFish) J2EE
Server. You don't need running Java in the browser, Tapestry ships
normal HTML with JavaScript (JQuery).

Runs perfect.

Andy
--