Running JDK 5.0 with Netbeans 6.7.1

abdu_alnoaimi
Hey all, I am new at this so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I am trying to make JDK5.0 and Netbeans 6.7 or 6.5 work together. I have an atom processor ( 1.83 ghz ) to be specific, and I have been trying to make it work to no avail. Netbeans can never find the JDK although it is downloaded. I have tried to tell it where to look using the command line and had no luck. I tried editing the path in the environment variables and that didn't fix it either. Please help me if you can.

Re: Running JDK 5.0 with Netbeans 6.7.1

Bayless Kirtley
Sounds like you need to put the JDK on you search path. But even better,
forget those ancient versions and get the latest of both Netbeans and
Java. Neither of them will get any support.

Bayless

On 09/25/2017 03:25 PM, abdu_alnoaimi wrote:
> Hey all, I am new at this so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I am trying to make JDK5.0 and Netbeans 6.7 or 6.5 work together. I have an atom processor ( 1.83 ghz ) to be specific, and I have been trying to make it work to no avail. Netbeans can never find the JDK although it is downloaded. I have tried to tell it where to look using the command line and had no luck. I tried editing the path in the environment variables and that didn't fix it either. Please help me if you can.

Re: Running JDK 5.0 with Netbeans 6.7.1

Simon Roberts
Seconded. It's hard to imagine any good reason for running that old of a JVM.

You'll get better performance from a newer JDK (important on your low-end processor), and any old examples you've come across in teaching materials that call for "Java 1.5" really mean "at least Java 5" they'll work on newer stuff with essentially zero chance of failure.

--
Simon Roberts
http://dancingcloudphotography.com