Quantcast

Relax NG plugins

Ross Lamont
Hi folks,

I am thinking of writing a bunch of Relax NG plugins, principally to support validation, but also probably some editor support as well. The only existing plugin is the old one from NB 6.9, but I can’t find the codebase for that one.

Is anyone working on this or something similar at present?

Best Regards
Ross Lamont

Re: Relax NG plugins

honyk-2
On 2016-11-29 Ross Lamont wrote:

> I am thinking of writing a bunch of Relax NG plugins, principally to
> support validation, but also probably some editor support as well. The
> only existing plugin is the old one from NB 6.9, but I can’t find the
> codebase for that one.

I am also interested in RNG validation. Have you made any progress?

That old plugin seems to use JING validator internally.

To my surprise that validator is nowadays already shipped with Netbeans. Can anybody clarify what this dependency is used for? (located in NetBeans 8.2\ide\modules\ext\jing.jar )

I hope NB uses some kind of pluggable validation API which could be somehow extended via appropriate configuration. Now when jing.jar is already on classpath, I believe required changes won't be as complex as expected initially.

Jan

PS: I am willing to help with this project.