Re: Java Web - Video

Simon Roberts
I believe you dropped it in the wrong place. The source tree isn't part of the finished web application, so this isn't being served by the appication. You might want to do a little studying on the format of a WAR file too for general background understanding.

BTW, this is a netbeans mail list, not a "general Java programming" resource. You'd probably be better served on JavaRanch.com and stackoverflow.com for those issues.

Cheers,
Simon

On Mon, May 29, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Papa <[hidden email]> wrote:
I dragged and dropped a video file into a Java Web project file and NB added this code:
    <video width="320" height="240" controls>
        <source src="../src/java/videos/Heidi.mp4" type="video/mp4">
        Your browser does not support the <code>video</code> tag.
    </video>

The program compiles, but it the web browsers [IE and FF] cannot play the videos.
For further details please check the this web address http://arbolone.ca/JavaWeb.html

TIA
--
ArbolOne.ca
Using Fire Fox and Thunderbird.

--
Simon Roberts
http://dancingcloudphotography.com
(303) 249 3613

Re: Java Web - Video

Papa
Thanks Simon.
You got think there for while though, 'WAR', and then the word files,  humm, I thought, this guy is in a collision course to self destruction, but after a little research I found out what Java WAR files were, and found out how to resolve my problem.
I got everything honky dory now.
Thanks so much.

On 2017-05-29 4:02 PM, Simon Roberts wrote:
WAR file