Thomas Wolf-7
Hi Geertjan,
Thanks for this final kick in the butt.  Caused me to finally subscribe to the new list :-)

A couple quick questions regarding issues: have all the open bugs at netbeans.org been moved/opened on the apache side?  Hard to tell, but it doesn't seem like it (still learning to navigate this bug tracking system).  Also, I don't see a voting system - is that also gone?  Finally, if I voted for some bugs in the old bug system (and assuming the bugs were migrated), what's the best way to find them in the new bug system?  Perhaps I should ask these questions in the new mailing list, but since you mentioned the differences here, I will start here.

Apologies if you previously answered the above questions - I haven't followed the mailing list(s) as closely recently as I'd like.
Tom

On Tue, Nov 28, 2017 at 8:14 AM, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

If you’ve been following Oracle's Apache NetBeans donation process, you’ll be aware that a large part of NetBeans is in Apache Git already. You should also be aware that mailing lists are available at Apache for purposes of discussing the development and usage of Apache NetBeans.

By means of this e-mail, we’re letting you know that as of January 1st, 2018, the @netbeans.org mailing lists will be deleted (they are archived at netbeans.markmail.org), all references to @netbeans.org mailing lists will, where possible, be replaced with references to Apache NetBeans mailing lists, and everyone will need to manually move to the Apache NetBeans @dev ([hidden email]) and Apache NetBeans @user ([hidden email]) mailing lists:

To subscribe to these lists, send an empty e-mail to one or both of the below:
You can anonymously browse the Apache NetBeans mail archives via https://lists.apache.org/list.html?users@netbeans.apache.org and https://lists.apache.org/list.html?dev@netbeans.apache.org.

What is the difference between the above? Anyone asking questions about the usage of NetBeans, whether for Java, JavaScript, C/C++, or any other language or technology, as well as those using the NetBeans APIs for developing modules and applications, will use the Apache NetBeans @user mailing list. Using prefix tags in the subject line, such as [ netcat ] or [ java ] is encouraged, to clearly distinguish the topic you're addressing in your e-mail. If and when it turns out that too many developers of one category dominate the @user mailing list, a separate Apache NetBeans mailing list will be created for them. The Apache NetBeans @dev mailing list is specifically for those committed to working on the development of Apache NetBeans itself, as well as those committed to promoting and documenting it, via events and tutorials, etc.

Note that we will be discontinuing the web forums, i.e., forums.netbeans.org, and that in Apache there is no replacement for that — Apache projects work with mailing lists only. Also, the NetBeans.org website as a whole will move to Apache, while issues can already be filed at https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/NETBEANS/issues, which is now the official place for filing Apache NetBeans issues.

Kind regards,

Geertjan & Jirka

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: <a href="tel:+31%206%2020320056" value="+31620320056" target="_blank">+31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

Jiří Kovalský
Hi Thomas,

    we are NOT going to migrate NetBeans Bugzilla issues to Apache JIRA.
We simply don't have resources to do that. We have only selected
product/component pairs which make sense to remain going forward and
populated Apache JIRA with them. If you feel strongly about some bug,
please report it manually into JIRA and link back to NetBeans Bugzilla
as we will switch it to a read-only mode soon but keep it running for
some time.

Thanks for your understanding and continued support!

-Jirka

Dne 28.11.2017 v 15:39 Thomas Wolf napsal(a):

> [...]
>     @netbeans.org <http://netbeans.org> mailing lists anymore.*
>
>     Kind regards,
>
>     Geertjan & Jirka
>

>     Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
>     Phone: +31620320056 <tel:+31%206%2020320056> |
>     Oracle Developer Tools
>
>     ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 |
>     <https://maps.google.com/?q=Hertogswetering+163-167+%7C%C2%A03543+AS%C2%A0Utrecht+%7C+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>
>     3543 AS
>     <https://maps.google.com/?q=Hertogswetering+163-167+%7C%C2%A03543+AS%C2%A0Utrecht+%7C+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>
>     Utrecht | Netherlands
>     <https://maps.google.com/?q=Hertogswetering+163-167+%7C%C2%A03543+AS%C2%A0Utrecht+%7C+Netherlands&entry=gmail&source=g>
>

>     Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help

Thomas Wolf-7
Hi Jiri,
I understand (about the resources needed to migrate).  Does JIRA have any voting mechanism?  Just curious as I haven't used JIRA before.  I always thought voting was a good way (at least theoretically) for the community to chime in on what was important to them.

Thnx,
Tom

A couple quick questions regarding issues: have all the open bugs at netbeans.org <http://netbeans.org> been moved/opened on the apache side?  Hard to tell, but it doesn't seem like it (still learning to navigate this bug tracking system).  Also, I don't see a voting system - is that also gone?  Finally, if I voted for some bugs in the old bug system (and assuming the bugs were migrated), what's the best way to find them in the new bug system?  Perhaps I should ask these questions in the new mailing list, but since you mentioned the differences here, I will start here.

    will be deleted (they are archived at netbeans.markmail.org

    <https://lists.apache.org/list.html?users@....org> and
[...]

    Phone: <a href="tel:%2B31620320056" value="+31620320056" target="_blank">+31620320056 <tel:+31%206%2020320056> |

    will be deleted (they are archived at netbeans.markmail.org

    https://lists.apache.org/list.html?[hidden email]
    <https://lists.apache.org/list.html?[hidden email]> and