Quick Start Tutorial: JUnit Test

Bill Slack
I am working through the "Quick Start Tutorial" after updating the IDE to 4.1.
I have successfully completed the "Hello World" project, but when working
through the JUnit test part of the tutorial, errors are created stating that the
package "junit.framework" does not exist, along with other errors that I assume
are related!

Can anyone  help.
Thanks

Bill

RE: Quick Start Tutorial: JUnit Test

Manfred Riem
Hi Bill,

Are you making sure the Junit test are in the test packages?

Kind regards,
Manfred Riem
[hidden email]
http://www.manorrock.org/

Re: Quick Start Tutorial: JUnit Test

Bill Slack
Hi Manfred,

I think I have an unstable install that is causing my problem, because I have a
variety of problems occurring as I try different things.  I will have to do some
work to sort it out!

Thanks anyway,
Bill

> Are you making sure the Junit test are in the test packages?
>
> Kind regards,
> Manfred Riem
> [hidden email]
> http://www.manorrock.org/

Geertjan Wielenga

Send some of the errors to this list and we'll try to help you. In the
case of your JUnit problem, it sounds like you haven't added the library
to the project. Use the Library Manager (under the Tools menu) for this.

-- Geertjan

Bill Slack wrote:

> Hi Manfred,
>
> I think I have an unstable install that is causing my problem, because
> I have a variety of problems occurring as I try different things.  I
> will have to do some work to sort it out!
>
> Thanks anyway,
> Bill
>
> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Manfred Riem" <[hidden email]>

Thanks for your offer of help Geertjan.  In response:

> Send some of the errors to this list and we'll try to help you.

I assume you mean a description and not some "errror log file" so here goes:

    1) When working through the tutorial, the pasting of the acrostic method
copied from the tutorial into the source file actually pastes twice.

    2) Code completion of the type String doesn't work; it does for sout.

    3) When reloading the IDE, a message appears stating that an instance of the
IDE is in use, etc. (I'm going from memory here, and I can't recall the exact
words!)  This has happened before when I was using v4.0.

> In the case of your JUnit problem, it sounds like you haven't added the
> library to the project. Use the Library Manager (under the Tools menu) for
> this.

I assume your referring to the Junit Library? I read somewhere that the
libraries were added automatically.  Anyway, I have experimented with the option
of adding libraries through Menu>Tools>Library Manager, and
ContextMenu>Tools>Properties>Libraries.  Nothing seems to want to do the trick.
I always get errors: a message box pops up saying that No imports found for the
following types: -TestSuite, -TestCase, and -Test.  However, creating a JUnit
test creates a "Test Package" folder but there is no sign of the above classes.

Thanks again for your help,
Bill