Properties Panel not working for me

Peter Nabbefeld

Hello,

I'm trying to write some editor. First I've created a navigator panel,
which is already working. Now I wanted to also create a properties
panel, but it doesn't work for me:

I've overridden getSheet() like advised in the platform tutorials, but
when debugging, the method is never called.

When I'm right-clicking on the root node of my navigator panel, the
properties of the underlying DataObject's properties are shown instead
of those of the root node, thought this object is not in the node's lookup.

It seems, instead of the node's properties, the properties of the
ExplorerManager are shown, so the root node is probably wrapped by it.

How can I fix this problem? And is there any means to show the
properties panel at the same time my editor window is activated?

Kind regards
Peter

Re: Properties Panel not working for me

Charles Bedon
Hello Peter,

Care to share some code? "instead of the node's properties, the properties of the ExplorerManager are shown" is not quite clear to me. Why wouldn't you want to show the properties of the business object (or DataObject as you call it) represented by the node?

Kind regards,

Charles Edward Bedón Cortázar
http://www.neotropic.co | Network Management, Data Analysis and Free Software | twitter.com/neotropic_co
Open Source Network Inventory for the masses!  http://kuwaiba.sourceforge.net | Follow Kuwaiba on Twitter