Problem debugging spawned process

PatrickJP
Hi everyone,
                   I have a problem debugging a Java process I have launched from within another Java program. I have launched the new process with the
       "-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,address=localhost:8000,server=y,suspend=y"
                 arguments and the new process does in fact suspend waiting for me to attach the debugger on port 8000. However, when I do attach the debugger the process fails to halt at the breakpoint I have previously set, giving me the message:
                                    "Not able to submit breakpoint LineBreakpoint SSA_Project_Manager.java : 53, reason: No executable location available at line 53 in class SSA_project_manager.SSA_Project_Manager.
Invalid LineBreakpoint SSA_Project_Manager.java : 53"
(as an FYI I do have the generate debug info option enabled)

I cannot work out what is causing this as I can debug the launched process as a stand-alone process from the NetBeans debug project, it appears this problem arises when I attempt to attach to the process when it is started from within my initial program.
If anyone has any ideas as to what is causing this I would be very grateful.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Patrick.