Plugin built against dev-SNAPSHOT fails with NoClassDefFoundError

Previous Topic Next Topic
 
classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plugin built against dev-SNAPSHOT fails with NoClassDefFoundError

attila.kelemen
I'm trying to build my plugin (https://github.com/kelemen/netbeans-gradle-project, branch: "NetBeans_nightly") against the nightly build of NetBeans tests (and also when installed into NB) fails with NoClassDefFoundError. I have checked and the class is in the resulting jar file (and also is in the NBM). Can someone tell me what did change? How I can build my plugin against the nighly build of NB properly?




Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Plugin built against dev-SNAPSHOT fails with NoClassDefFoundError

Benno Markiewicz
Sorry I cannot help. Your sources itsself have to be build via gradle. So I am out.

The documentation at https://github.com/kelemen/netbeans-gradle-project/wiki/Development does not tell how to get it build from scratch.

With kind regards, markiewb

2015-04-11 15:14 GMT+02:00 attila.kelemen <[hidden email]>:
I'm trying to build my plugin (https://github.com/kelemen/netbeans-gradle-project, branch: "NetBeans_nightly") against the nightly build of NetBeans tests (and also when installed into NB) fails with NoClassDefFoundError. I have checked and the class is in the resulting jar file (and also is in the NBM). Can someone tell me what did change? How I can build my plugin against the nighly build of NB properly?





Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Plugin built against dev-SNAPSHOT fails with NoClassDefFoundError

attila.kelemen
In reply to this post by attila.kelemen

> Sorry I cannot help. Your sources itsself have to be build via gradle. So I am out.
> The documentation at https://github.com/kelemen/netbeans-gradle-project/wiki/Development does not tell how to get it build from scratch.


Thanks for answering. To be honest, it even fails when running unit tests which makes it strange, since not much extraordinary happens:

1. The sources of "netbeans-gradle-default-models" are compiled.
2. The sources of "netbeans-gradle-plugin" are compiled.
3. The properties files of "netbeans-gradle-plugin" are merged with the properties files generated after compiling "netbeans-gradle-plugin".
4. Gradle's test runner executes the unit tests (with classpath resulting from the previous compilation and dependencies).

For completness sake, the sources are where they are in standard Maven projects (e.g.: src/main/java).

Also, note that the NoClassDefFoundError is thrown for a class of the plugin which is there on the classpath.

Anyway, I don't need you to fix this. I just need some info on what changed in NetBeans which now requires something else than just putting the approriate classes on the classpath (appropriate in the sense that it worked with it in current releases but not in the nightly).