New project will not open after NetBeans install

New project will not open after NetBeans install

Linda Mitchell
Dear nbusers:

After a successful install of the prerequisite Java kit, followed by a successful install of NetBeans, I still am not able to get a new project to open.  The windows remains gray for hours.  I need this  program to learn how to code through a coding program for women out of St. Louis called Launch Coder Girl. I am using a Mac Pro OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6.  Thank you for your help.

--
Linda M. Mitchell
[hidden email]