Netbeans transfer to Apache

Owen Thomas-2
Netbeans has given me a stable yet functional environment for me to explore some questions I have had these past 10 years. I hope the quality of the IDE remains undiminished after the handover is complete; I haven't yet found answers.

Is netbeans.org going to be a valid domain for release of distributions and for email lists like these, or is the transfer going to include a domain name change to netbeans.apache.org?

Re: Netbeans transfer to Apache

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com

Many details are described on the Aopache Wiki, such as here:

Best would be for you to ask and discuss these questions that you have, on the Apache NetBeans mailing lists:

Right now, the plan appears to be (we haven’t concluded these discussions) that netbeans.org will remain the user-facing site, while netbeans.apache.org will be the developer-facing site, i.e., with links and info and so on for anyone developing Apache NetBeans itself. That is exactly how most Apache projects organize their sites, on the other hand, we may want the two to be the same, i.e., we may want netbeans.apache.org to route to netbeans.org. There have been several discussions on the mailing list about this already — please don join in.

You’re going to find less and less info on [hidden email] and more and more info on the Apache NetBeans mailing lists.

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

On 10 Oct 2017, at 04:50, Owen Thomas <[hidden email]> wrote:

Netbeans has given me a stable yet functional environment for me to explore some questions I have had these past 10 years. I hope the quality of the IDE remains undiminished after the handover is complete; I haven't yet found answers.

Is netbeans.org going to be a valid domain for release of distributions and for email lists like these, or is the transfer going to include a domain name change to netbeans.apache.org?

Re: Netbeans transfer to Apache

Owen Thomas-2
Thank you Geertjan. I'll follow your advice.

On 10 October 2017 at 19:22, [hidden email] <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

Phone: <a href="tel:+31%206%2020320056" value="+31620320056" target="_blank">+31620320056 |