Netbeans properties window - change font color for non-editable properties

Netbeans properties window - change font color for non-editable properties

Dmitry Avtonomov
Hello everyone,
I want to customize the look of ReadOnly properties in Properties window. Reading this:
I've found that I can remove the "three dots" button for a custom viewer.

Is there any simple way to change the font color of non-editable properties from light-grey to just regular black?

This tutorial:
explains how to install a custom editor, but it looks like too much and I'd need to replace all the editors for all types.

Thanks,
Dima

Re: Netbeans properties window - change font color for non-editable properties

Geertjan Wielenga-3

There are no simple ways to do anything with the Properties window, unfortunately.

You might be able to do something with Themes, maybe: https://ui.netbeans.org/docs/ui/themes/themes.html

I.e., find the disabled color for a property and then set it to something else and include the above file via your module. Yes, not pretty, but maybe an approach to consider instead of writing your own custom editor.

Gj

Dima

Re: Netbeans properties window - change font color for non-editable properties

Geertjan Wielenga-3

Or maybe here's something to explore:

https://blogs.oracle.com/geertjan/propertyeditorsupportpaintvalue

Gj