Netbeans performance via VPN on windows 7

Netbeans performance via VPN on windows 7

Rens Admiraal-2
Hi all,

I've posted this message on the netbeans php list, but was requested to post this on the general forum, which sounds like a better place to me also :-) So, you find the post to the mailing list below...

But, besides just posting this I'm also curious to the performance of netbeans via VPN / remote connections other people experience... I still find it very slow (especially directory listing). The remote connection I use has a good connection (10Mbit up, will be upgraded to 50Mbit soon), and I've a 50Mbit down/up at home... So I would expect netbeans to be at least workable...

1 Problem I could solve, this is: the neverending project scanning... Here my post about that:

> I’m using NetBeans as my primary IDE for PHP development. But one thing bothered me a lot last time… Scanning projects was so slow over a VPN connection! It kept running… Till I ran into a post on the internet about slow file transfers over VPN on Windows 7… It mentioned disabling Remote Differential Compression as a solution for slow transfers, so I disabled it (http://www.windowsreference.com/windows-7/slow-network-file-copy-issues-in-windows-7-caused-by-remote-differential-compression/)
>
> After the reboot the total time of scanning a workspace with 1 open project was just 3 seconds! A huge win compared to 4 hours (and also had to stop that process :p )
>
> I hope this will be of use to somebody ;-)

Greetz,
Rens

Re: Netbeans performance via VPN on windows 7

Sameas61
The performance is extremely slow with the free VPN. I am saying this because I have used it with free service but it was daunting. So I tried searching the best vpn 2017 and came up with a lot of options. Needed an affordable service so found Nord VPN quite perfect.