Netbeans installer source for desktop shortcuts?

Netbeans installer source for desktop shortcuts?

Alex O'Ree
Hi everyone. I were looking for inspiration on how netbeans creates
desktop/start menu/lanuch icons on the various operating systems,
where would I look in the source?

Thanks!

Re: Netbeans installer source for desktop shortcuts?

Peter Hansson-2
The helper classes for this are in the so called NBI Engine. Have a look in

nbi/engine/src/org/netbeans/installer/utils/SystemUtils.java.

(method createShortcut.java ... and then take it from there)

For usage example, have a look at:

libs.nbi.ant/stub/ext\components\products\helloworld\src\org\mycompany\ConfigurationLogic.java

(despite the name 'helloworld' this is actually the source code which
is used when you generate an Installer for your NB Platform
application)

/Peter

On Mon, Aug 28, 2017 at 5:56 PM, Alex O'Ree <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi everyone. I were looking for inspiration on how netbeans creates
> desktop/start menu/lanuch icons on the various operating systems,
> where would I look in the source?
>
> Thanks!

Re: Netbeans installer source for desktop shortcuts?

Alex O'Ree
Thanks!