Netbeans does not recognize project

iced0ut
i am new to netbeans, so sorry for any obvious mistakes.

I'm trying to open a netbeans project that i imported from Git, However, Netbeans does not recognize my project as one.

After the cloning process, the wizard asks if I want to create a new project with the cloned sources, but it just creates an empty project inside the cloned folder ( which already contains all the source files and librairies, but isn't recognized as a project)

My project has the nbproject folder, so why does it not recognized it as a project?

ive tried to do import as ZIP, it does not work either.

Re: Netbeans does not recognize project

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/How+to+Participate

Geertjan Wielenga | Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

On 29 Nov 2017, at 21:44, iced0ut <[hidden email]> wrote:

i am new to netbeans, so sorry for any obvious mistakes.

I'm trying to open a netbeans project that i imported from Git, However, Netbeans does not recognize my project as one.

After the cloning process, the wizard asks if I want to create a new project with the cloned sources, but it just creates an empty project inside the cloned folder ( which already contains all the source files and librairies, but isn't recognized as a project)

My project has the nbproject folder, so why does it not recognized it as a project?

ive tried to do import as ZIP, it does not work either.

Netbeans does not recognize project

priya465
You can try this:

1. Create a new project on the target machine
2. Find where the project you want to open is stored and open the src folder.
3. Copy all the files and stuff in the /src folder
4. Go on Netbeans, expand the tree view of the project you have just created, right click on source packages and click paste. It should paste the files in the /src folder as packages. You should also see the code these packages contain.

Netbeans does not recognize project

anros
I received a zip file of a NetBeans project and when I expanded it NB did not recognize the expanded project folder as a project.
When I looked at the properties of the folder it reported that the folder and contents were Read-Only. Changing that setting then allowed NetBeans to open the project. I hope this helps.
Cheers