Netbeans antlr plugin alpha is done

Peter Cheung

Netbeans anltr alpha version is done, now you can keep changing your g4, it real time generate a parser to parser your specified file, generate the parser tree graph at the bottom. What i will do is: you click on any text on your target file, if highlight the node in the graph, so you know what rule it is matched. If it is done, netbeans antlr plugin is better than eclipse’s one, right?

http://peter.quantr.hk/?p=2496

Re: Netbeans antlr plugin alpha is done

Andreas Stefik
Hey Peter,

This is awesome. I haven't actually tested it yet, but it looks really promising. Geertjan, is it possible Peter's plugin can be considered for the plugin portal? NetBeans used to have an ANTLR plugin in there, but it didn't work and, having just checked, was ultimately removed.

In the last few releases, I've had to do any Antlr programming outside of NetBeans using the console, so it would great if this could make it in there.

Hey Ter, do you know about this initiative?

Stefik

On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Peter Cheung <[hidden email]> wrote:

Netbeans anltr alpha version is done, now you can keep changing your g4, it real time generate a parser to parser your specified file, generate the parser tree graph at the bottom. What i will do is: you click on any text on your target file, if highlight the node in the graph, so you know what rule it is matched. If it is done, netbeans antlr plugin is better than eclipse’s one, right?

http://peter.quantr.hk/?p=2496

Re: Netbeans antlr plugin alpha is done

Andreas Stefik
Sam's version I think had some dependencies on old versions of NetBeans, so it's not compatible anymore. Peter's version looks more feature complete as well, but I haven't tried it yet, so I could be wrong about that.

Either way, it looks potentially cool and thought I'd mention it to you if you hadn't heard about it,

Stefik

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Terence Parr <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

Emilian Bold-2
Peter's plugin looks pretty great. Is the source code published somewhere?

I was saddened when I noticed the NetBeans-based ANTLRWorks 2 is so old...

--emi

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Andreas Stefik <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Sam's version I think had some dependencies on old versions of NetBeans, so
> it's not compatible anymore. Peter's version looks more feature complete as
> well, but I haven't tried it yet, so I could be wrong about that.
>
> Either way, it looks potentially cool and thought I'd mention it to you if
> you hadn't heard about it,
>
> Stefik
>
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Terence Parr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Peter mentioned he wanted to work on stuff. is this not working:
>>
>> http://tunnelvisionlabs.com/products/demo/antlrworks
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Ter
>>
>> On Sep 26, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Andreas Stefik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Peter,
>>
>> This is awesome. I haven't actually tested it yet, but it looks really
>> promising. Geertjan, is it possible Peter's plugin can be considered for the
>> plugin portal? NetBeans used to have an ANTLR plugin in there, but it didn't
>> work and, having just checked, was ultimately removed.
>>
>> In the last few releases, I've had to do any Antlr programming outside of
>> NetBeans using the console, so it would great if this could make it in
>> there.
>>
>> Hey Ter, do you know about this initiative?
>>
>> Stefik
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Peter Cheung <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Netbeans anltr alpha version is done, now you can keep changing your g4,
>>> it real time generate a parser to parser your specified file, generate the
>>> parser tree graph at the bottom. What i will do is: you click on any text on
>>> your target file, if highlight the node in the graph, so you know what rule
>>> it is matched. If it is done, netbeans antlr plugin is better than eclipse’s
>>> one, right?
>>>

>>> http://peter.quantr.hk/?p=2496

Re: Netbeans antlr plugin alpha is done

Andreas Stefik
Ya me too. Sam's plugin worked pretty well.

Stefik

On Wed, Sep 27, 2017 at 9:34 AM, Emilian Bold <[hidden email]> wrote:
Peter's plugin looks pretty great. Is the source code published somewhere?

I was saddened when I noticed the NetBeans-based ANTLRWorks 2 is so old...

--emi

On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 9:57 PM, Andreas Stefik <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Sam's version I think had some dependencies on old versions of NetBeans, so
> it's not compatible anymore. Peter's version looks more feature complete as
> well, but I haven't tried it yet, so I could be wrong about that.
>
> Either way, it looks potentially cool and thought I'd mention it to you if
> you hadn't heard about it,
>
> Stefik
>
> On Tue, Sep 26, 2017 at 10:35 AM, Terence Parr <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Peter mentioned he wanted to work on stuff. is this not working:
>>
>> http://tunnelvisionlabs.com/products/demo/antlrworks
>>
>> ?
>>
>> Ter
>>
>> On Sep 26, 2017, at 10:25 AM, Andreas Stefik <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hey Peter,
>>
>> This is awesome. I haven't actually tested it yet, but it looks really
>> promising. Geertjan, is it possible Peter's plugin can be considered for the
>> plugin portal? NetBeans used to have an ANTLR plugin in there, but it didn't
>> work and, having just checked, was ultimately removed.
>>
>> In the last few releases, I've had to do any Antlr programming outside of
>> NetBeans using the console, so it would great if this could make it in
>> there.
>>
>> Hey Ter, do you know about this initiative?
>>
>> Stefik
>>
>> On Sun, Sep 24, 2017 at 1:38 AM, Peter Cheung <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Netbeans anltr alpha version is done, now you can keep changing your g4,
>>> it real time generate a parser to parser your specified file, generate the
>>> parser tree graph at the bottom. What i will do is: you click on any text on
>>> your target file, if highlight the node in the graph, so you know what rule
>>> it is matched. If it is done, netbeans antlr plugin is better than eclipse’s
>>> one, right?
>>>

>>> http://peter.quantr.hk/?p=2496

Re: Netbeans antlr plugin alpha is done

Peter Cheung

Thanks all. I need more inputs/comments for the plugin, i will submit to plugin central end of next week. I will put a video on youtube to teach people use it too.

I am quite new to antlr, <1 year experience of using it. I am now developing an x86/arm assembler, before doing this well i need to enhance the antlr plugin for netbeans. I don't know how to people use antlr in eclipse/intelliJ, hopefully some people can tell me their weak points so i can make the netbeans antlr plugin more advance.

Thanks

Peter.

All source code in https://github.com/mcheung63/netbeans-antlr