Netbeans Tomcat Manager keeps losing access to Tomcat.

Netbeans Tomcat Manager keeps losing access to Tomcat.

Brian Cook

In the last two weeks Netbeans has lost access to deploy apps on its
embedded version of Tomcat.  A pop up with the words "Tomcat Manager
Application" comes up asking me for a user name and password.  The
Output window contains this error when it happens.

build-impl.xml:394: Deployment error: Access to Tomcat Manager has not
been authorized.  See the server log file for details.

I have looked at the tomcat log does not show any errors or details as
to whey this is happening.

The only solution has been to delete the <<User
Folder>>/.netbeans/4.1/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7_base/ folder.  I have not
made any changes to the server.xml file for tomcat, or any config
changes for that matter.  The last two times it happened I was actually
making XHTML changes to JSP pages.  I have no idea what I am doing to
trigger this.  Has any one else had this happen?

--
Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst
[hidden email]
913.345.8900

Re: Netbeans Tomcat Manager keeps losing access to Tomcat.

Brian Cook

I found some additional details of this problem.  It seems to happen
the first time I open Netbeans.  Additionally if I open every time open
tomcat-users.xml file and copy the user id and password in to the pop
work it will work again until I close Netbeans again.  At which time I
have to reopen the tomcat-users.xml and get the user name and password
again.  Do any one know what can cause Netbeans to lose the login info
for its embedded copy of Netbeans?

Password and ID Where found in :
<<User_Folder>>\.netbeans\4.1\jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7_base\conf\tomcat-users.xml

Brian Cook wrote:

> In the last two weeks Netbeans has lost access to deploy apps on its
> embedded version of Tomcat.  A pop up with the words "Tomcat Manager
> Application" comes up asking me for a user name and password.  The
> Output window contains this error when it happens.
>
> build-impl.xml:394: Deployment error: Access to Tomcat Manager has not
> been authorized.  See the server log file for details.
>
> I have looked at the tomcat log does not show any errors or details as
> to whey this is happening.
>
> The only solution has been to delete the <<User
> Folder>>/.netbeans/4.1/jakarta-tomcat-5.5.7_base/ folder.  I have not
> made any changes to the server.xml file for tomcat, or any config
> changes for that matter.  The last two times it happened I was actually
> making XHTML changes to JSP pages.  I have no idea what I am doing to
> trigger this.  Has any one else had this happen?

--
Brian Cook
Digital Services Analyst
Print Time Inc.
[hidden email]
913.345.8900

Re: Netbeans Tomcat Manager keeps losing access to Tomcat.

Karel Zikmund
Login info is not stored. You have change login setup in Tomcat server properties (Run time tab)

-Karel