Netbeans Community Help plugin

arsi
Hello,

I got idea how to solve interesting code snippet management..

And here is the first beta version ;)

Mark an interesting part of the code and select Create community help in menu:

Fill out the keys and  class names for search:  ..and click OK

And now the interesting part ;)
You type navigator or open or NavigatorTC and ctrl-space:

Records are stored on the server and are accessible for all users. In addition to the master server, you can define and run your own..(for private projects) You just need java and MySql database. (Tools->options->Editor->Community doc)

Re: Netbeans Community Help plugin

Charles Bedon
Hello,

Actually, it's a pretty cool idea. I use Zim [1] to organize my snippets, but this could work very well too. I don't know where the NBP FAQs are going to be hosted now that the project will be under the umbrella of Apache Foundation, but linking snippets to FAQ entries could be another use case, since sometimes the same FAQ article could be used in different scenarios.

I'm up to help in the development, so drop me an email and let's see how can we move this forward. Anyone else is interested? :)

Charles Edward Bedón Cortázar
http://www.neotropic.co | Network Management, Data Analysis and Free Software | twitter.com/neotropic_co
Open Source Network Inventory for the masses!  http://kuwaiba.sourceforge.net | Follow Kuwaiba on Twitter
Linux Registered User #386666

On Sat, Jul 22, 2017 at 5:15 PM, arsi <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello,

I got idea how to solve interesting code snippet management..

And here is the first beta version ;)

Mark an interesting part of the code and select Create community help in menu:

Fill out the keys and  class names for search:  ..and click OK

And now the interesting part ;)
You type navigator or open or NavigatorTC and ctrl-space:

Records are stored on the server and are accessible for all users. In addition to the master server, you can define and run your own..(for private projects) You just need java and MySql database. (Tools->options->Editor->Community doc)

Re: Netbeans Community Help plugin

Volodymyr Babin

This is an awesome idea!

I would really like it to have the following:
 - a description for the code snippet.
 - it to be language-wise, e.g. different snippets for JS and Java, etc.
 - ability to get the snippets from local db.
 - ability to choose multiple sources for snippets, private, public, local or all.

Thanks, it is certainly worth to be further developed.

Regards,
Volodymyr.

23 липня 2017, 01:17:00, від arsi <[hidden email]>:

Hello,

I got idea how to solve interesting code snippet management..

And here is the first beta version ;)

Mark an interesting part of the code and select Create community help in menu:

Fill out the keys and  class names for search:  ..and click OK

And now the interesting part ;)
You type navigator or open or NavigatorTC and ctrl-space:

Records are stored on the server and are accessible for all users. In addition to the master server, you can define and run your own..(for private projects) You just need java and MySql database. (Tools->options->Editor->Community doc)

Re: Netbeans Community Help plugin

arsi
Hi,

Beta 2.0 is out:

Project moved to https://sourceforge.net/projects/cscm/ and renamed to Code snippets community manager

What's new:

  • Embedded H2 database and single jar server
  • Apache Lucene full text search
  • Snippets stored by mime type
  • Local DB
  • To Editor toolbar added server selector [Community,Team,Local] and Search selector [by key, full text]
  • Full text search by Description (whole line in editor) or Source code (highlighted text + ctrl-space)
  • Simple user registration by mail
If you have the previous version installed, first uninstall it..

Arsi