Netbeans 6 Visual Web and Richfaces conflict

Netbeans 6 Visual Web and Richfaces conflict

bohemianRhapsody
Hi,

I am using RichFaces 3.1.3 with JSF (Netbeans 6 visual web java server faces) . I am unable to create a menu properly. When i do a mouseover on a dropdownmenu, a javascript error is raised in the browser - "Object doesnt support this property or method" . When i do a mouseover on the menuitem within the dropdownmenu, i get another javascript error - "Undefined is null or not an object" .

I tried creating a context menu. That too gives me a javascript error - "Object doesnt support this property or method" .

The issue seems to be centered around the fact that Netbeans uses in its Web UI Components Library - prototype-1.5.0.jar while Richfaces uses prototype 1.6. When i do an  alert(Prototype.Version) - i find that the application only sees v1.5.0

Any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
cs

Re: Netbeans 6 Visual Web and Richfaces conflict

Richard Coats
I realise this thread is a bit old now, but if anyone is still having this problem then it is now possible to use RichFaces with NetBeans 6.7 and Sun's JSF. The RichFaces components don't render in the design view, but otherwise it works quite nicely. Some tips on getting started are here: http://dickie-tech.blogspot.com/2009/10/using-richfaces-with-netbeans-visual.html