Netbeans 11 and Gradle

Mark A. Claassen
I am giving Netbeans 11 a try and really appreciate the JavaEE support that is now just included.  Thanks.

I also appreciate that Gradle is included, but I have having some problems.
I can submit some bugs, but I thought I would start here first to see if anyone else is having better luck.

---1---
I have a Gradle project called "Builder" with lots of sub projects.
(The "Builder" project is a standalone Gradle project that points to files in other directories and builds my distribution)
The properties dialog shows the name as "Builder", but in the Netbeans file tree, it shows as "Root Project"
(This did not happen with the gradle plugin I used in previous versions)

---2---
When I try to open a build.gradle file, it opens a tab with no name on it and it shows a broken 'local history' of the file and not the file itself.
There is no button to switch back to the source.  In fact, I have found no way to edit this in the Netbeans at all and have to use an external text
editor to edit the file.
(This did not happen with the Gradle plugin I used in previous versions)

---3---
I have few helper Java classes that I put in the 'buildSrc' directory of my "Builder" project.
When I run my Gradle build, these build just fine, but the Netbeans Java editor is totally confused with these files and
therefore cannot see any other classes because the system classes; not even files in the same package (directory).
I have a feeling Netbeans is just confused about what package these files are in.
(This, I think, did happen with the older plugin)

Does anyone else use Gradle?  Have you had better luck than me?

Thanks,

Mark Claassen
Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.
130 South Main Street
Leighton Plaza Suite 375
South Bend, IN  46601
E-mail: mailto:[hidden email]
Voice: (574)232-3784
Fax: (574)232-4014

Confidentiality Notice: OCIESERVICE
The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not deliver, distribute, copy, disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in the communication or any attachments.

Re: Netbeans 11 and Gradle

geertjan.wielenga@oracle.com
Use the new mailing list please: [hidden email] (and sounds like you need to install the Groovy plugin).

No one will respond to you here, this mailing list is dead.

Gj

Sent from my iPhone

> On 8 Apr 2019, at 19:05, Mark A. Claassen <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> I am giving Netbeans 11 a try and really appreciate the JavaEE support that is now just included.  Thanks.
>
> I also appreciate that Gradle is included, but I have having some problems.
> I can submit some bugs, but I thought I would start here first to see if anyone else is having better luck.
>
> ---1---
> I have a Gradle project called "Builder" with lots of sub projects.
> (The "Builder" project is a standalone Gradle project that points to files in other directories and builds my distribution)
> The properties dialog shows the name as "Builder", but in the Netbeans file tree, it shows as "Root Project"
> (This did not happen with the gradle plugin I used in previous versions)
>
> ---2---
> When I try to open a build.gradle file, it opens a tab with no name on it and it shows a broken 'local history' of the file and not the file itself.
> There is no button to switch back to the source.  In fact, I have found no way to edit this in the Netbeans at all and have to use an external text
> editor to edit the file.
> (This did not happen with the Gradle plugin I used in previous versions)
>
> ---3---
> I have few helper Java classes that I put in the 'buildSrc' directory of my "Builder" project.
> When I run my Gradle build, these build just fine, but the Netbeans Java editor is totally confused with these files and
> therefore cannot see any other classes because the system classes; not even files in the same package (directory).
> I have a feeling Netbeans is just confused about what package these files are in.
> (This, I think, did happen with the older plugin)
>
> Does anyone else use Gradle?  Have you had better luck than me?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark Claassen
> Senior Software Engineer
>
> Donnell Systems, Inc.
> 130 South Main Street
> Leighton Plaza Suite 375
> South Bend, IN  46601
> E-mail: mailto:[hidden email]
> Voice: (574)232-3784
> Fax: (574)232-4014

> Confidentiality Notice: OCIESERVICE
> The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not deliver, distribute, copy, disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in the communication or any attachments.

Re: Netbeans 11 and Gradle

Jeff-3
I think it is actually:

Maybe.  Seems dumb to  include "incubator" in the list name because once it is out of incubation, everyone will need to sign up yet again for a new mailing list.

-J

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 11:28 AM Geertjan Wielenga <[hidden email]> wrote:
> [...]

> Donnell Systems, Inc.
> 130 South Main Street
> Leighton Plaza Suite 375
> South Bend, IN  46601
> E-mail: mailto:[hidden email]
> Voice: (574)232-3784
> Fax: (574)232-4014

> Confidentiality Notice: OCIESERVICE
> The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not deliver, distribute, copy, disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in the communication or any attachments.

True.

But not for long — and the one should redirect to the other.

Geertjan Wielenga | Senior Principal Product Manager
Phone: +31620320056 |
Oracle Developer Tools

ORACLE Netherlands | Hertogswetering 163-167 | 3543 AS Utrecht | Netherlands

Oracle is committed to developing practices and products that help protect the environment

On 8 Apr 2019, at 19:59, Jeff <[hidden email]> wrote:

I think it is actually:

[hidden email]

See https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/Mailing+lists

> [...]

> Donnell Systems, Inc.
> 130 South Main Street
> Leighton Plaza Suite 375
> South Bend, IN  46601
> E-mail: mailto:[hidden email]
> Voice: (574)232-3784
> Fax: (574)232-4014

> Confidentiality Notice: OCIESERVICE
> The contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for the addressee(s) named in this message. This communication is intended to be and to remain confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message and its attachments. Do not deliver, distribute, copy, disclose the contents or take any action in reliance upon the information contained in the communication or any attachments.

Sorry.   The old address was still in my email auto-complete.

Mark Claassen

Senior Software Engineer

Donnell Systems, Inc.

130 South Main Street