NetBeans 8.2 w/ Java - URGENT

Sanah Choudhry
Hello,

I'm having trouble with Java because it is not doing anything with my laptop. I have a MacBookAir and Terminal can't seem to find my flashdrive? Is there anyway I can find out if Java is correctly downloaded on to my laptop? I need this for my schoolwork!!!

Thanks,
Sunah

Re: NetBeans 8.2 w/ Java - URGENT

Simon Roberts
I'm afraid you're going to have to explain what you're doing, and what you're expecting but not seeing much more clearly that that. I doubt any of us have the least inkling of what you're describing, so help is difficult at this point.

But to answer the literal question in your penultimate sentence:

Open a command window
type:

java -version

you should see something similar to:

java version "1.8.0_111"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.111-b14, mixed mode)

(but hopefully with newer version numbers ;)

Then type

javac -version

You should see something similar to:

javac 1.8.0_111

(with the *same* version number, whatever it is, as the one from the earlier output).

If you don't, then no, Java is not correctly installed, at least not "fully".

--
Simon Roberts
http://dancingcloudphotography.com