Need help cross compiling

Destiato
I am having trouble cross-commpiling code from my desktop to a RasPi. I am connected to the pi and can use the terminal from netbeans. However, when I right-click on a piece of code and click Update to pi@(ip address) it says

Uploading to pi@***.***.***.***
Uploading C:\Users\lwfrancisco\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Test1\main.c
FailureError copying file C:\Users\lwfrancisco\Documents\NetBeansProjects\Test1\main.c: RC=5
FAILURE. 0 files were copied.

(replace asterisks with ip address)
What should I do?

On another note how will I know where the file is and what its called?